Chapter Fifteen

It was a few hours later when we were all told to meet in the clearing. I was the first to get there other than the king and axel who were making out against a tree, hands in each other's hair and legs wrapped around each other. I coughed and they broke apart with red lips and Axel had red cheeks as well.

"I love you," Phillip smirked before brushing Axel's hair out of his eyes.

"I love you, too," he answered and then they separated with a loving smile on their faces. I smiled too because their love is all I wanted in my life. Jessie was lucky enough to find his and yet here I am stuck in between in a crossroad.

I heard laughing and the sound of branches snapping. I turned around to see Jessie and Zane holding each other's hands with hickies covering each other's necks. "Hey, Hank," Zane said and I smiled at him. I didn't want to hate him anymore. After Axel's and Jessie's explanation, I understood. Zane was just trying to please everyone and when he wanted to please himself, it resulted in the chaos that took my mother away. The whole situation was adding stress to myself and after all... it wasn't his fault.

"Hi, Zane," i said with a smile. Jessie grinned at me and I took a much-needed breath before turning around and finding Alec and Nathan both leaning against pine trees with their arms crossed staring at each other. I didn't say anything to anyone after that and just kept my head high no matter how much my wolf wanted me to turn to the two princes.

Philip cleared his throat. "It'll take a day or so to get to the land of David so we will need to stop and take a break tonight. So, shift and we will start the long journey," Phillip said before kissing his mate. "Alec and Nathan, I want no arguing. Do you understand me?"

"Yeah, dad," Nathan said.

"Of course," Alec added.

We all began to shift. I didn't take much time before we were all standing there waiting for the king's orders. I looked around and saw everyone stretching out their fur, but when my eyes scooted over to where Alec and Nathan had been standing, my heart drop.

They were the same. Two wolves were standing side by side both with dark grey fur. Each had the same strong shoulders, the same long, beautiful snouts and perfect cut ears. They were beautiful.

Oh, my god.

My wolf was scratching at my chest. It saw the beauty and it saw the love but I was confused. One of the wolves took a step to the side to look at Phillip and the and I saw a white spot of fur covering his side.

No.

My wolf knew. I knew. That wasn't my mate. I slowly turned my eyes to where the other wolf stood staring at me and it was like magic when I met the dark green eyes watching me closely.

What? Nathan said as he stepped closer. I just shook my head. I could hear him. I could hear his thought and I could feel his wolf swimming around in my head. I felt the bond forming but before I could even breathe correctly, Phillip took off.

Everyone took off after him and I shook my head before taking off and running after Nathan. I had to tell him I finally felt it. The bond. The attraction. The need. I felt the want to be with him. I loved him.

I ran faster and faster only catching glimpses of his dark tail from time to time. I wanted to shout it from the mountain tops. I was his mate. He was mine and even after all this fighting and hating I wanted him.

Nathan?

Not now, Hank. He continued to run fast. His fur was slicked back and his eyes watered but that made him want to go faster. I could feel just how free he felt. I finally felt it.