|thirteen|

I felt the darkness as it tried to pull me down

I groaned heavily as my phone rang beneath me and a headache started to form. I sit up slowly, realizing I'm still in last night's outfit and that I passed out. Now I'm trying to figure out how I got home..

I scoot myself off my bed and reached for my phone, which was warm from my body heat, and lift it to my ear after seeing it was Caroline, "Hello?" My voice was scratchy and dry, causing me to cringe visibly.

"Hey, how you feeling?" She asked me as a stood from my bed, placing my phone between my ear and shoulder, shrugging off my dress. Well, Klaus's dress. I bend down, taking the dress, and walk towards my closet, grabbing a hanger and putting the dress on it.

"I'm okay. I feel better." I lied easily, clearing my throat from the lump in my throat. I feel terrible. All I remember is going to the preserve and having guns pointed at me. And I feel that everyone knows now what I am. "What's up?"

"Well, I want you to meet me at the school, so you can take your mind of everything and help me clean up." I groaned, processing her words, "Come on, please. Maybe after we could hang out at Elena's or something and you can invite Dylan."

I huffed, "Okay. Just let me take a shower find something nice to wear." She agreed before hanging up, leaving me in the silence of my own room. I tossed my phone on my bed, before grabbing my towel and going into the bathroom to take a shower.

I have to admit, it's been one hell of a week. I deserve this shower.

When I get out, I pick out a peach floral dress and grey combat boots with a grey sweater to match. I let out a sigh as I grabbed my phone and keys before making my way downstairs to my car. I wanted to go back in my comfortable bed, wait until Klaus and his demon family was out of our lives completely. I knew it wouldn't happen since I'm convinced that Klaus does have feelings for me.

I get into my car, driving off towards the school, which wasn't far. When I make it, I turn on my engine and take out my keys, seeing Caroline leaning against her car. I walk up to her and she looks up, a small smile on her face.

"Hey, Tyler was supposed to be here, but he just called and said that Klaus needs him." She said, a small frown on her face. She never talked much about her relationship with Tyler, especially since he left to change his way. Tyler does mention how he's happy with her and I'm proud of that, it just seems he doesn't enjoy when Klaus is near me, which makes me think Klaus is only doing all this to spite Tyler.

I nodded my head, wishing Klaus was gone and I could be happy with Dylan, because he's really leaving me conflicted and it's frustrating.

Sexually. Like it's tempting, but so wrong when you think about the guy Klaus is. But in all honesty, it just puts me further into the dark side of Klaus.

We walk towards the gym and I listen to her give a recap of last night, of how Alaric willingly died, which broke my heart. When I figured out he would die in the near future, I didn't think it would be in a cemetery. My dream of his death was a place with a coffin and a bunch of storage lockers. I can't deal with all this death. That's why I didn't return calls or messages; because I can't take it. I cried about George O'Malley, from Grey's Anatomy, dying for a week. It's still an emotional topic.

"I thought you said Matt would be here to help." I spoke, confused when we walked into the gym only to see Rebekah cleaning up. She was placing empty plastic glasses into the recycling bin. Caroline mentioned how Esther took over Rebekah's body, which made sense as to why I didn't see her at the dance.