Chapter 42 - The death of Isabella? / July 1976

Start from the beginning

"If you brought the money, why do you still care about Isabella, Roger?" Because you still love her, do not you? Luke pointed the gun at my waist and startled the boys. "Answer my question, Taylor. Do you still love Isabella?

Roger looked at me with his big blue eyes. I could not decipher what was going on in his thinking.

"I do not love Isabella anymore. What she did to me, she has no forgiveness, "said Roger coolly." I only care about her, because of your grandparents, for whom I have great appreciation.

Roger's words killed me inside. I felt like crying, but I held on.

"You see, Isabella?" Roger does not love you anymore. What he's doing is because of his paternal grandparents. How beautiful is not it? Luke laughed.

"I do not love Roger either. I do not think he ever really loved me, "he said, countering Roger's response.

I do not know if it was an impression, but I felt that Roger made a face of pain with my statement.

"Since the former lovebirds do not love each other, we'll have the money now, Luke," Michael smiled.

"Before the QR will count the money, see if it's really there at thirty thousand pounds now," said the dealer.

QR, a drug user picks up the bag and starts counting the money quietly.

"I cheated on your ex-girlfriend right away, saying that I was sorry for everything I did to you, your mother and your sister," Michael laughed with a coldness of fear. "I never loved you as a son, Roger. Never! What I really want is your money, which is conquering with Queen.

"And I never loved you as a father, Michael. You were always a stranger to me, "said Roger bitterly." But know that this will be the last time you take money from me. You will not get anything else.

"That's what we'll see Taylor," Michael laughed.

As the man counted the money, we saw helicopter noises in the sky and police cars approaching. Roger could not do that, police told him. Now it really is my end.

A police officer picks up a large loudspeaker and says,

"Free the girl, free Isabella and we're going to make a deal, otherwise we'll blow up your big drug lodge."

"I will not free Isabella herself, now she's going to die," Luke said, pointing the gun at my waist.

I was out of reaction.

"Do not do anything to Isabella at all. Nothing, did you hear? Said Freddie.

"Luke, lower your weapon and release Isabella. Nothing will happen to you, "said the policeman.

"And who will grant me?" Roger has already ruined the whole plan. We would take the money and free Isabella, we would get out of here, but he called the police, now you want the money, want us to free Isabella and we will still be arrested? Luke said irritably.

"Are you really going to arrest us?" Michael said.

"You can not arrest us," said the trafficker.

"We will not arrest anyone," said the policeman.

I looked down at Roger, Freddie, Deacy, and John. They were panicking.

"Release the girl now," said the policeman.

"I'm not going to free her," Luke said, cocking his weapon. "Since I'll get sick, she's going to die now.

- Do not shoot her! Roger said desperately.

At that moment I just feel Luke shooting at me, in the region of my belly and I fall to the ground and a great exchange of shots begins between the police and the vagabonds. I look at my light shirt, which is now covered by blood. I feel it will be my end, this time. I feel a lot of pain. Everything around me starts to get dark. I feel four boys approaching me.

"Bella, my dear, please be strong, do not leave us," said Freddie.

"We're going to take her to the hospital now," Bri said, picking me up.

"Let's go before it's too late." Let's get out of here, before we get hit too, "John said.

Roger was looking at me the whole time on Bri's lap.

"For God's sake, hold on Isabella," he said.

Bri was with me on his lap, in the back of Roger's car. Freddie was by our side and in front of the passenger seat was John. Roger drove the vehicle at high speed.

I felt more and more weak.

"Get the fucking car quicker, Rog," John said.

"I'm accelerating to the fullest, Deacy," Roger commented.

I looked at Bri, weak and ran a hand through his curly dark brown hair and smiled weakly at him.

"My friend," she said weakly. "You've always been so beautiful. I love you, Bri.

And I start to close my eyes.

"Bella, please, speak to me, Bella, answer me." Bri said desperately, but I did not have the strength to speak to him.

- BELLA! - he screamed.

Around me, just darkness ...

To be continued.