Chapter 19 - I'm in love with another woman, Bella / January 1974.

POV Roger

January 1, 1974

Brighton

After the wonderful turn of the year, alongside Bella's family and friends in Brighton, it's finally January 1st. I'm in the guest room and I wake up with a little headache. I too exaggerated in the drink. Eye on the clock: one in the afternoon. I slept a lot. I wake up and realize that Tim and Les, who shared the room with me, had already got up. I take a shower and then head to the living room, where I meet my friends, some of Bella's relatives, and we start talking. I smell food coming from the kitchen. Women should be preparing lunch. Shortly after, Bella appears in jeans, boots and a very warm dark blue blouse. She smiled at me and hugged me and kissed my face.

"So how are you feeling?" She asked attentively.

- With a little headache. I exaggerated in the drink last night - I smiled at her - But, it was party, we had to celebrate!

"I suppose you're hungry," she smiled at me.

"Very hungry, to tell you the truth," he said, grinning and grimacing.

Come on, come with me to the kitchen. You will take a medicine for the headache. I was preparing lunch together with the girls. I made the cod you like and your favorite dessert: white chocolate mousse. - She smiled - Soon lunch will be served!

Bella handed me a pill and a glass of water. I took the tablet for the headache.

"You'll be better soon enough. After lunch, we can take a tour of the city, what do you think? - she asked.

- I accept! I smiled at her.

I watch Bella, her beauty, her sweetness, her care for me. She is a rare gem. My heart races, in an uncontrollable way as I look at Bella.

Shortly thereafter, New Year's lunch was served! With the relatives of Bella present and our friends, the house of Mr. Mike and Mrs. Janice was a real party. I loved lunch. Bella cooks very well and even made my favorite dessert. This time I did not drink anything alcoholic, just juice. By three o'clock, after everyone had had lunch, my mother and the ladies were cleaning the kitchen, for the girls had made their lunch. Bella sat beside me on the couch while I smoked.

"Lunch was wonderful," he said, smiling at her. "Thank you for making my favorite dessert." You cook very well.

"Thank you," she said, embarrassed, and I smiled.

I finish smoking and then I put a bullet in my mouth.

Clare appeared and looked at us smiling.

"Couple, our friends and I are going to take a little stroll in Brighton. Do you want to go? Asked my sister Clare.

Bella and I smiled.

- Couple? Bella said smiling at my sister.

"You two would make a nice couple, I do not like Jena or Luke." I'm being honest. My sister smiled.

"I realize that you do not really like Jena, my dear sister," I said, smiling, raising my eyebrows, and I went to meet her and hugged her. "I love your authentic and sincere side. I love you so much, my sister.

I kissed Clare's forehead.

"I love you too, my boring brother," Clare smiled at me. "Well, I'll leave you alone, I know you want to be alone." I'll see you later.

"Good ride, Clare," Bella said, smiling.

After my sister left and our friends left, I took the key from my car and said,

- Come on, Bella?

"Come on," she said, smiling.

I pulled her hand gently and we went to my car, parked in the garage. I get out of the car and start driving around Brighton. Bella switched from radio station until she found what she wanted and played Led Zeppelin.

"I wanted to be a little alone with you, Rog. I want to vent with you, some things. She said thoughtfully.

"Like what, Bella?" I asked, looking at her quickly, watching the traffic.

"It's about Luke," she said sadly. "I'm afraid I will not regain his friendship. I broke up with him and I think I lost his friendship too.

"Bella, if Luke really really loves you, he'll take you back as a friend, do not you? You should just be friends with him and be very careful not to get into trouble, after all, he's a drug user, "I said, stopping the car in a red headlight.

"I'll be very careful, Rog, I promise, but I'm afraid he will not forgive me, despite everything that happened, Luke was always my childhood friend, just like Sue. Bella said sadly.

I took Bella's hand and kissed it affectionately.

"If he really loves you, everything will work out, okay?" I asked smiling.

"You're right," she smiled at me.

The signal opened and I'm off with the car again and Bella is a bit scared, putting her hand on my shoulder and I smile. After driving for almost half an hour, Bella and I got out of the car and sat on a bench, on the beach promenade, facing the sea. The sky is cloudy, yet we feel the icy breeze coming from the sea. I hold her to warm her from the cold.

"Just as you opened your heart to me, I have something important to tell you, Bella," I said looking into her eyes.

- What? Has something happened that I do not know? She asked worriedly.

I sighed thoughtfully at the sea and then looked at her.

"When I get back to London, I'll end my courtship with Jena. - I said.

Bella put her hand to her mouth.

- What? I thought you liked Jena, really. I know she does not like me very much, she's jealous of me and made that clear, "Bella said thoughtfully." I do not want to disturb your relationship, ever! "

"Bella, I'm not in love with Jena, I've never been," I said categorically. "It was a mistake to have dated her for those months, but I had to forget.

"Did you have to forget what Rog?" Bella asked.

I ran a hand over my head and said looking deeply at Bella:

"I'm in love with another woman, Bella!

Bella looks at me in amazement.