Chapter 9- bruise snooze

Start from the beginning

"I have my moments. Now tell me, why did you run out in the middle of Dean's fight," I was about to say something but he interrupted me, "It's because you care about him. It is so obvious. You're eyes were practically screaming out for him not to be hurt in any way."

I turned away, my face flushed.

"Just admit it. Why hide it? From what he told me, he's already confessed his love for you, why don't you accept it already?"

"I can't."

"What do you mean?"

"My old boyfriend cheated on me not too long ago. I just don't want to move on that quickly, which isn't really backed up with the kiss Dean and I shared but as much as I do like him, I don't want to get into a relationship just yet."

"Oh." He said.

"So guys, where shall we go?"

"How about we call the others and go paint balling?" Sawyer suggested.

"Is it fun? I've never been." I asked.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? Maybe we could do something else, it's not completely safe, especially if we bring Alfie." Dean said unsurely.

"You're even worse. You take it so seriously." Sawyer rolled his eyes.

"But you know I won't hurt her. I'll most likely be the one trying to protect her." Dean pointed out.

"I'm sure she can handle herself." I snapped. "no need to talk about her when she's standing here."

"Well looks like we're going paint balling." Sawyer smiled.

"Okay, Sawyer, Alfie and Joey will attack because you guys have great aim. Haylie, Joe and I will stay and defend the flag. Ready?" Dean was completely in charge.

Everyone nodded and snapped their helmets down.

Dean nodded to me in assurance and Sawyer, Alfie and Joey left to go get the flag from the opposing team.

"Stay hidden." I heard Dean shout.

The three of us his behind blocks of wood with a clear sight of our red flag.

I heard the sounds of paintballs being shot and the sound of leaves being crushed.

Soon I saw the shadow of a guy running towards our flag.

I glanced at Dean but he was busy chasing after another guy.

Joe was no where in sight and now I was slightly panicking.

I needed to be accurate.

I lined up my gun with the guy and I snuck around a few trees until I knew that the angle was right.

I pulled the trigger and the paint ball went directly at the guy's chest.

That meant he was out right?

I saw him throw his gun in frustration.

Then I heard cheering.

"Haylie!!!" I saw Alfie run towards me.

"We won!" Joey waved the blue flag around.

We all took off our helmets and got into a group hug.

"Woop woop!" Sawyer cheered.

"That was a good shot." Dean smirked.

"Eh, well no one else was going to get him, I might as well have tried." I shrugged.

"We have a few other rounds until we get to face the other winners." Joe explained to me.

"Cool."