Meow

"Sorry for the weird question but why do you come in everyday at nearly the same time?" Light was desperate for L to let him into his story so he started asking risky questions.

"Well my parents died when i was young and I live by myself. My uncle pays the bills but I only ever see him over skype. I get bored easily so I come out here to kill some time. I'm quite fond of your little coffee shop." L didnt seem to have any emotion what so ever. He explained his parents death and loneliness without any expression.

"Oh, sorry for bringing that up." He felt a bit bad for asking L that question now, but he didnt regret it.

To make it up to him, Light decided to share a secret with him too. So they'd be even and he wouldnt feel as bad.

"Lets go" Light put away the now empty mug and plate and gestured for L to follow him out the door.

"Go where?"

"Somewhere not boring."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They walked up a few stairs and ramps until they got to the top of a mountain/cliff. Then Light went up to the trees behind them and pulled away a branch revealing a hidden view spot. He grabbed L's hand and dragged him over to the railings.

For all the times Light had seen L in the coffee shop, and the time they just spent talking, L hadn't shown a single glimpse of emotion. But now, as they were leaning over the railings, Light was able to show L the entire city. It was around 7pm now so it was dark enough to see all the city lights twinkle like stars. L's eyes widened slightly and Light saw a little twinkle in them, a little hope.

"My parents, to them, I'm like the perfect son." L had now stopped looking at the view and had turned to look at Light who was still looking far into the distance.

"I would always get good grades, I was well mannered, and would get along well with my sister... so of course, I never wanted to disappoint them... I come out here sometimes... to let go. I would punch something if I had to, cry if I wanted, I'm able to scream as loud as I want over the cliff and no one would ever be able to hear me... my parents wouldn't want to see that. They wouldn't want to see their son crying or shouting. So I come here, where no one will find me or hear me. And I can be at peace with myself.."

They stood there for a couple of seconds before L looked back out into the view.

"Light you didnt need to-"

"Im gonna go get us some tea, there's a vending machine nearby, i'll be right back, stay here." Light marched off down the trail and pushed the branch out of the way.

He got the tea for both of them with some random change he found in his pocket before they got here and started making his way back to where L was.

He was softly humming to himself and saw a small white cat walk up to him. He turned to it and crouched down to pet it. It was so soft and pure.

"You know cat, I tried. I tried to simply give him a backstory and stay away. But I couldnt, I couldnt think of one that would suit him. And today, he told me his true story. I think its my favourite... I think he's my favourite."

"Is that so?" A deepish voice said behind him making him jump up to his feet. He spun around, revealing the one and only, L.

"H-how much did you hear?" Light asked, hoping it wasnt much.

"Enough." Was his simple reply, L grabbed Light's shirt with one hand and cupped his face with the other. He pulled him in and gave Light an unexpected kiss. By observing L and his expressionless face, you never would have guessed that his kiss would be this passionate.

It certainly wasnt boring.

A/N:
Well, thats it! I based this on that scene from Special A where Tadashi and Akira get together so it might me a bit similar :3