On a Vacation

Remember when you got a phone call from Sans?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You flopped down on the bed, burying your head on the soft hotel pillows. You were exhausted. You haven't even had a single nap for quite a while. Even if you did sleep at the evening, nightmares would always swarm your head.

It took you a miracle to finally get a vacation. As a human helping to get the monsters' very own rights, it was almost impossible. But you enjoyed your job nonetheless.

At first, you were shocked at the very existence of monsters. Honestly, you expected them to be the type that would want to rule over the earth but no, they were a lot nicer. Even nicer than humans.

You get along quite well with their kind. So well that you're very first boyfriend was one of them. His name is Sans. Sans the Skeleton. The laid back guy charmed his way into your heart. You thought he was adorable. Funny, protective, a bit lazy but nice. It was all you could ask for. Oh, and he was also on a vacation with you. His is just..longer.

After a few minutes of rest, you began to unpack your stuff. Clothes, toothbrush, some food, toiletries, and your phone. A good while passed by and finally, there was only one more baggage to unload. His baggage. That lazy bones.

You opened the bag and started to unpack it.

His slippers. Cute, fluffy, pink slippers. This was Sans' favorite.

His hoodie. It was torn in some places and it's color is a bit faded but Sans always wore this wherever he goes and whatever the occasion.

His joke book. Sans had always been a comedian. Always cracking stupid bone-related puns. It was funny. You wished to tell him that.

But you can't.

His socks. Sans was a slob. Never bothering to pick up his own trash. You never really minded it, as long as he doesn't bother you.

But now you wish he did.

You sneezed. It was so dusty.

Putting these aside, you stared at the last object that was left inside the bag. A jar. But that's not important.

What was important is what is IN the jar.

His dust.

--------------------------
Sans was on a vacation.

And the last time you heard his voice was on a phone call. His last phone call.

An ending.