u

that sudden confession didn't awkward things with seungyoon and i, i'm just a very casual person i guess, he seemed awkward around me so i tried to start conversations. 

"hey jaera!" i heard a familiar voice, jinwoo.

"hi jinwoo!" i looked at seungyoon who was beside me and felt bad since he just walked ahead of me. "yoon! wait up!" 

"no, talk to him, he probably likes you too and i remembered that i've work to do, see you later."

i sighed and walked to jinwoo. "morning."

"morning babe, hm you look upset, why?" jinwoo asked.

"nothing."

"ok, if you don't want to tell me. but i want to bring you somewhere, meet me at 8, rooftop ok?"

"sure." i said bye to him and ran to find seungyoon, where is he?

i looked everywhere but i couldn't find him, instead, i found a note on my locker.

meet me at 8:10 tonight at my house? i wanna talk.
- seungyoon

well, because the times were so close i called seungyoon and told him i couldn't go at 8:10 and that maybe we can change the time to six, he said sure since he had nothing to do but i could hear disappointment in his tone. that's fine though, at least he said yes to changing the times. 

i went home to get changed and headed out, and yes i know where seungyoon's house is at, we met at his house once before.

i arrived at his house and he was sitting on the steps outside his house, he saw me and quickly stood up. "hey jaera!" 

"hi! what's up?" i asked.

"nothing really, i just really needed to talk to you. now you have to listen to me, don't make any comments, don't give any opinions, don't fight back. just listen... please, alright?" 

"um... sure, yeah, no problem. go ahead."

"jinwoo hyung told me what he was going to do on the roof. i've been here for only a few weeks but you've been here for two years, close to three right? you know those guys, they don't give out their hearts to anyone. they play with girls, break their heart and they act all innocent about it, and everyone knows how bad they are. but even though they know how bad these guys are, girls can't resist falling in love with them am i right? so, jinwoo he was going to confess to you, on the roof, because he had fireworks that said : jaera, i like you. and  i don't want you to be hurt. but of course, he met you earlier and you have the right to choose to trust him as well. whatever you choose though, i wish you luck. jinwoo hyung isn't that bad after all, maybe he's giving his heart out to you." 

"thanks... so-"

"jaera... be my girlfriend." 

"kang-"

"just give me a yes or no answer, simple, you don't have to say yes. just give me an answer." 

"ok, yes." 

"are you serious? thank you. why do you..."

"i should be the one thanking you, and maybe just because you always care about me, help me, and give me advices i really-" 

he crashed his lips on mine and wrapped his right arm around my waist, his soft lips moving against mine. and i kiss back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

he pulled away and looked at me into my eyes, god his eyes are gorgeous. "i love you so much you don't even know, from the first day, when you said you'd help me... really, i found you so kind and suddenly with that image you became even more prettier than you were. i fucking love you my gorgeous. i'll let you go now so you can go to jinwoo hyung and, reject him then come back here." he laughed.

"come back here? it's going to be like nine when i get to leave him!"

"i don't care! just come back, i want to talk to you more and stay with you!" he pouted.

"fine, i'll try." i ran away but did a heart for him.
he smiled and blew me kiss.

- time skip -

"jinwoo! you said eight! it's eight - thirty now!" i yelled at jinwoo who was taken aback by my shouting voice.

"sorry jaera, i lost track of time and this girl she just popped up in front of my house and she was saying shit to me, honestly didn't understand a word, seemed like someone from our school.. and i told her i had to go but she wouldn't let me, she hugged me and she said 'i know you're gonna go see that bitch im jaera' and i couldn't let her say that about you so i said to her even if you were a bitch i'd still never date her. i'm sorry i just..."

"that's alright, i wasn't really serious. thanks for standing up for me though, so why'd you call me here?"

"oh yeah, i wanted to show you this!"
he then pulled me to the side of the roof, wouldn't say edge because i'm quite sure there's a huge possibility of us falling off if we stood there.

fireworks came up just like yoon had told me and it did really say 'jaera i like you'.

"im jaera, will you be my girlfriend?"
jinwoo asked.

"why? is this a prank because fuck... jinwoo... i liked you but it's all too late now."

"too late?"

"let me tell you jinwoo, the truth is that i fell in love with you year 1 in high school. i kept it to myself, you were.. god damn it.. you were just, you were gorgeous. but throughout year 1 & 2, now we're almost at the end of year 3 i realised how hard it is to have a crush on you. do you know how many girls out there want to be played by you in our school? they want you even if you are a fuckboy, do you understand? because fuck it, all of you! all four of you! you're all impossible to resist! and even if you confess to me, i don't know if i should take it seriously or not because who knows if i'm your next victim? i'm sorry jinwoo, i really am."

"don't be sorry, i created all this myself anyways."

"jinwoo, i've to go... see you..." 

"ok, maybe."

jinwoo's pov

i prepared all that for jaera.
but she rejected me,
is seungyoon that much better than me?
i still wish her happiness though, 
even if i'm not involved in it.

sorry about this guys,
but i'm going to leave.
bye mino, seunghoon and taehyun,

but of course seungyoon as well.
seungyoon, you've been a great friend.
you really have.

don't go looking for me.
you won't find me.
the only girl i actually liked in high school rejected me,
what now?

i'm done playing with girls,
breaking their hearts.
i'm done with all this.
i'm done with the popularity,
done with all the shit.
i want a new life.
i hope you all get a new life too.

mino, don't play claire, 
you asked her out,
be a man,
be responsible.
you actually like her, right?
seungyoon, 
take care of jaera for me please.
seunghoon and taehyun,
girls' hearts are fragile,
it hurts for them,
maybe not for us,
but for them it really does hurt,
we can break their heart way easier than we think,
sometimes, maybe just a rejection can make them
cry days after days.
but... all of you...
thank you all for the high school years we spent together,
or,
weeks for seungyoon.
forever though we are winner.
we are five.

without me,

we're still five.
don't forget me,
seunghoon, mino, seungyoon, taehyun...
when y'all see this letter i'll be on my way,
... we will stay as five forever,
okay no more emo stuff,
bye.

ps. thank you jaera for basically changing my life.

sincerely,
kim jinwoo. 
your one and only little prince ;)