~Chapter 5~

Dinner

(Mike's POV)

'Growl!'

"Aw man..." you groan at you stomach with disappointment.

You stumbled over to the kitchen still waking up. The fridge creeks open to reveal all of its glory. To your dismay, as you relentlessly rummage through the fridge, making sure to 'leave no stone unturned', you are denied a proper dinner. With your shift and sleeping taking up most of your time, eating has become abandoned, except for a few energy bars to get you through the nights.

"Mike?" You turn to see (Y/N) clutching a bat fiercely. "Are you kidding me?" She snaps in disgust.

"What?! I'm ravenous!" You whine looking for forgiveness.

"I was sleeping and throwing things around inside a fridge is not a suffice excuse!" She erupts, flares now scorching her (F/C) pupils.

"Ok ok, I'm sorry. No need to work up a fit (Y/N)-" you were interrupted by (Y/N) in a rather unusual way, but a way that said everything - 'growl!'

"Hey that's what my stomach said this morning too." you say trying to enlighten the situation.

"Don't care!" She quips, hunger wasn't getting the best of her just yet.

After that you are both restored to silent as you think about a solution to your inexplicable hunger.

To prevent another outbreak from (Y/N), you pass her a paper with places for dining. After long consideration by (y/n) and a long wait by you, she came to a decision.

"Let's go!" she states with a bit of excitement in her voice.

You were about to ask 'where?', but you wanted to make sure not to lose her excitement with a nagging question.

She grabs your hand and guides you to the car. I can walk you know, you murmur inside. You get shoved into the front seat of the car.

"Aren't you driving?" You finally let out.

"You drive, I'll give directions." She replies quickly. "Now go!"

You step on the pedal and follow her directions. Within minutes you make it to an 'all you can eat' buffet.

"This seems a bit fancy for a simple dinner, don't you think?" You give her a confused look.

"Just trust me." She smiles at you. One minute she's angry, next minute she's smiling at me! Girls and their emotions...

(sorry females for the judgement, but it's just for the purpose of the book, so... sorry.)

(Your POV)

Everything is working perfectly! You cheer to yourself.

You drag Mike over to a table with a pair of chairs... for two.

"Nice place and all, but why so fancy?" He questions you.

"Why not, we haven't gone to a fancy restaurant in a while... or at least I haven't. But it with be fun come on!" You give him a half 'deal with it', half 'your gonna miss out!' Look.

Before he could respond you got up and walked to the buffet. "Here take this." You pass him a dinner plate.

You went straight for the (f/meal). Mike on the other hand preferred the pork option, going for the pork sausage meal.

Both of you gathered what you wanted, including stares by other diners at the heaped mess on your plates. "Looks like we're famous for our hunger!" You joke. After a quick laugh you both sat down at the table.

"I haven't been this starving in years." Mike says becoming more enlightened at the minute. "Though why didn't you bring me to a proper restaurant, not a buffet? I mean I thought you would crawl over the idea of going to one of the usual 'dating' restaurants." Mike then wondered aloud.

"You just answered it yourself." You answer.

"Wha- Oh... you came to a buffet because another restaurant could be mistaken for a date." Mike says pleased with himself.

You then nod and stuff your face with a lot of food. You didn't care though and neither did Mike, after all you were hungry.

You feasted, drank, chat and laughed. After 2 hours of pure joy, you realized the time: 11:24. "Thank you so much for coming and rolling with it, but we really need to get going." you stood up and made your way to the cashier.

"I'll pay." Mike had chased after you before you could pay.

"Really? Thanks." you hugged him, surprising him.

"So how was it?" The cashier asks.

"How was what?" You asked back.

"You know... -." He whispers something into Mike's ear. He instantly blushes.

"Mike?" You say absolutely puzzled.

"He thought we were on a... a date" it was your turn to blush.

Mike explained your situation and the cashier shrugged saying "you'd be great for each other, but if you both agree with the decision." You could see Mike slightly fuming. Mike took the bill, payed and left with me following.

"You ok?" You asked about him fuming earlier.

"Well aside from the fact the guy kind of invaded our personal lives, somehow getting the idea we were on a date, yeah I'm good." He replies trying to keep his cool.

"Oh, right..." you say taking out your phone looking at your missed texts and calls.

"Um (Y/N), directions please." He interrupts you phoning.

"Oh, right!" You realize.

As you backtracked your directions, he drove you home.

As per usual, you got ready for your job. As both of you set off to the pizzeria, you were surprised at how strong he
looked. "When did you get that?!" You ask.

"Get what?" He looks at you for a brief second the back to the road.

"That." You say poking his chest.

"Oh, I've been going to the gym lately." He replies.

You simply accept it and start thinking about your body. Boy could I do with some abs...

You jump out the car once you reach the entrance, gracefully might I add.

Mike step forward first and eyed the doorknob, ready to pounce, but... paused. He then peered inquisitively inside the pitch black building, looking for something, or someone, but to no success. Through the darkness he found what he had been looking for...

(Sorry for suspense.)