Chapter 22: Mr. McCool Steals My Moment!

Let's fast forward a day and a half. The three of us had been busy surveying the city, taking notes on the security, the people, important buildings. Sylvia and I did most of the scouting while Dane waiting outside the main factory in the middle of town, hidden away in the shadows of the rooftops so the guards couldn't see her. She was there all day yesterday, watching closely, writing down patterns. We met back up with her this morning, and after assembling our notes and creating a fail-proof plan, we were ready to break in. We changed, a smile breaking across my face when I was able to release my beastly hair from its ponytail restaurant.

"Are you ever gonna comb that rat's nest?" Sylvia commented.

"Oh shut up co-pilot," I answered her, "and get yourself ready for tonight."

As soon as the sun set, we were out of the hotel and making our way downtown, walking fast, our faces passing through the shadows. We hid our bags on top of a building three roofs away from the factory, concealing them inside on of the ventilation shafts for easy access later. We used the closest building roof as an outpost, watching the Sawzorthns keep their stance outside the front door. They were armed with javelins, the spears nearly as tall as the Gunmen themselves. The black and purple color scheme made them nearly one with the building walls. If it wasn't for Dane's binoculars, we probably wouldn't have seen them.

I handed Dane back her stuff. "Alright, there are only two outside, but we have no idea how many are inside," I instructed, "but I believe I have a plan in the works."

"I'm guessing we're going with the classic 'sneak in through the vents' method?" Sylvia asked.

"Maybe, but would we even fit?" I pondered this. "I mean, these are the Dark Spirals we're talking about. Considering what happened back at home, they're probably expecting us, so we can't just stroll right on in. They probably upped security from the time it took us to get from Kamina City to here."

"So basically you're thinking of a laser grid in the ventilation."

"Basically."

"From the looks of things now, we might not have to do that." Dane added in.

I looked over, puzzled. "Why not?"

"Because some guy in a big robotic rabbit suit just walked up and made a way for us." She offered the binoculars to me, a satisfied smile on her face. "Take a look for yourself." I was skeptical at first, but the sight I saw couldn't deny it. Both Sawzorthns were on the ground, their javelins were snapped in half, laying on the ground, being nothing more than just scrap metal. (I couldn't help but feel a little pity for their beat down. I mean, the one on the left was even starting to bleed out oil.)

I was baffled, handing the binoculars back. "So we were beaten inside by a giant robot bunny?"

"I know what I saw," Dane answered, grabbing her bag. "although it was kinda out of the blue, but either way it gives us a better chance of getting inside."

I couldn't argue with that logic. I simply shrugged, grabbed my bag, and deployed our rope ladder to scale down the building safely, reaching the depressing sidewalk