Chapter 19.5: Escape from Rossui City

"Suki!"

"Katsuragi!" She reached her hand out for me, pressing herself up against the cold iron bars of the cage those bastards kept her in, her palm still showing cuts and scrapes all across it. I charged towards her, plowing over Beastmen in their Gunman, my own doing good work with stomping over them. "Suki I'm coming!"

She wailed out, curling up in a corner of her prison, the Sawzorthn dangling the cage from its large blocky hands, a cackle able to be heard from the inside, one that's probably going to haunt my nightmares.

"We've got you now you little thieves!" the Sawzorthn taunted, shaking the cage around, Suki bouncing around inside, clutching the vibrant blue cube against her chest with dear life. "You took our treasure, as well as one of our leader's Gunman! Give it back and I might let the girl go!"

"Never!" I jumped back, my Gunman doing the same. "Give this back to you would be giving up, and I will never give up!"

"Suit yourself nimrod!" It turned towards the other smaller Sawzorthns. "Comrades! Force him outta the Gunman!"

"Katsu run!" Suki shrieked. Katsuragi held his fist up in defense, his Gunman copying his movement. He was ready to fight, but by the look in Suki's eyes and the amount of enemy Gunman that were in front of him, he knew he didn't have a chance. He was fatigued, nearly blinded by rage. So, quickly kicking up a massive cloud of smoke, Katsuragi backflipped back at incredible speed, countinousously doing so until he found a large enough bolder to hide behind, a good distence away from the Sawzorthn and its minions. When the smoke cleared, he peeked out, watching his enemies looked confused before eventually giving up and walking away, heading back to the place Katsuragi and Suki just unsuccessfully escaped from.

He took a deep breath, filling his tired lungs with oxygen, taking a second to collect his thoughts. When he did, he wasn't pleased.

"Just my luck." He stated to himself. "We just left and now I've gotta go back. I can't leave Suki in Rossiu City by herself. Who knows what they're gonna do to her."