Changes

"Arabella, what brings you in today?" Dr. Daniel asked.

"Please, call me Bell" I said for the millionth time. "And I have decided to have my birth control removed." I admitted.

"Alright, may I ask why? Are you experiencing any pain, do you feel like it is falling out, or are you just tired of having it?" He asked.

I know he is a doctor and its his job to question my actions but I still blushed before ultimately answering him.

"Well as you know, Deacon and I are going to be married at the end of the month and we had hoped we could start trying to build our family after the wedding." I filled him in.

"Oh yes," he smiled knowingly. "Well we can definitely go ahead and have that done right now... how is our Beta doing?" He asked casually as he flipped on the nurse switch and then put on some gloves.

"He's fine, very very busy right now with work, the wedding, and Alpha training." I confessed.

Dr Daniel nodded, "I've heard he got sworn in as future Alpha as well as you for future Luna, congratulations." He offered as a nurse walked in.

"Thank you." I said then I laid back and Dr Daniel made quick work of the extraction.

"You may feel a little sore and that's normal, I'm gonna say no sex for two to three days. You may experience some spotting as well, also a normal side effect. Take some aspirin for any cramps and try to put a heated pad on your lower abdomen to lessen the cramps if they get too bad." He instructed.

"Also, it will take a couple of weeks for your body to get back into the swing of things, fertility wise. But as a doctor I am suppose to advise against unsafe sex so unless you want to chance getting pregnant before your wedding, use a condom." He said sternly but with a smile that suggest he was joking.

I thanked him and left the doctors office, then I went into work.

I was still at Neiman's, I loved working here and I even got a promotion once I graduated.

Evie was no longer my secretary since she moved to Arizona upon meeting her mate, and wouldn't you know it, her mate turned out to be one of Jackson's cousins.

He wasn't too torn up about it either, they always knew they weren't mates, he was actually happy for them.

Their wedding was simple but romantic and I couldn't have been happier for her.

Jackson also got promoted, he's now C.O.O (chief of operations officer) of the company and I was appointed his old position of C. C. O (chief creative officer).

There was a lot of heat about a newly graduated 22year old being the CCO of a company, but all of the negativity went out the window the minute I landed us an exclusive deal with one of today's hottest designers. As well as help bring our over all sales up using a few marketing skills I suggested to the board.

So after that, no one questioned my professionalism or commented on my age again.

Now I can go and come as I want, really I could work from home but I loved to come to the office and see everything firsthand, also it's easier to talk to my coworkers if I'm actually there.

I dove into my work, checking my work email as well as listened to the multiple voicemails countless people had left.

I went up to see what Albie had for me today.

"You ok Doll?" Albie asked worried.

"Yeah, just really bad cramps." I said grabbing my middle as the throbbing stab of a big cramp threated to double me over into the fetal position.

"That's shitty, you should go home and work from the laptop." He offered up.

"I like coming in, plus it's just cramps they'll pass soon enough." I amended and we continued looking through new samples some of the interns had submitted as their "finds."

After agreeing on a few amazing pieces I went back into my office, I lost track of time as I was sketching out the new layout for the Neiman's website, next thing I know Jackson's knocking on my window waving bye.

I collect my things and clock out.

As I drove home I was worried that these cramps wouldn't go away, and what if I needed surgery and could never have a baby.

I began to panic and I felt like I couldn't breath.

I pulled my car over to the side of the road and had a mental melt down.

The stress of everything had finally hit me.

The wedding planning, work, becoming Luna, plus a possible vendetta between Deacon and Gavin, and now these cramps are killing me.

I cried it all out, then a good thirty minutes later I finally pulled into my garage and went inside my house.

I stripped and took a nice hot bubble bath and let the bubbles wash away my stress, now was not the time to lose my cool, I was going to be Luna soon, and Lunas do not lose their composure.

. . .

>>>>Deacon's POV<<<<

I went home that night and found my little mate in pain, she told me how she had, had her birth control removed.

I called the doctor and he assured me the cramping was only temporary, also no sex for a few day.

As if I would even pester my Bell about sex when she was feeling so horrible.

In the days that passed Bells cramping did indeed go away and she was back to herself, which was a great thing because I really need her here with me.

Tonight was another hearing for pack training.

Again I would have to listen to the problems of the pack and my little mate always helped with the deciding factors.

"None of the problems were that bad tonight." I said as I laid in bed later that night.

"No baby, your just getting the hang of it." Bell said and kissed my chin.

I chuckled, even in bed she could only reach my chin, I propped myself on my elbows and captured her mouth with my own.

"A lot of things are changing, but something's will always stay the same." I teased and then kissed her plump lips once more