'...gooey brain..."

Start from the beginning

"Is it working?" he asked me, I could see the confusion in his eyes as he licked his lips, his plump lips. Where they always that plump? I nodded my head, unable to answer him properly. "What's the process that you were talking about?

"That's not important right now," I said closing my eyes once again, I couldn't fight the drowsiness. "I'm gonna go to sleep for a while just stay here okay, just stay here, please? Just like this."

"I wouldn't dare leave you," he said to me, stroking my hair gently as I closed my eyes, his word floating around in my head, him telling me I was going to be okay. I believed him, I also believed him when he told me he loved me.

I hoped he believed me when I said it back.

_

Emmett

I lifted my hand up to knock before I could talk myself out of it, but I knew I at least had to try and see Vega, I mean the way that she fell out and was just whisked away from her family almost broke me into pieces

I lifted my hand up to knock before I could talk myself out of it, but I knew I at least had to try and see Vega, I mean the way that she fell out and was just whisked away from her family almost broke me into pieces. "Who is it?" I heard Jed ask from inside the house

"It's Emmett," I said weakly before clearing my throat and coming back stronger, "Emmett Cullen." I nervously tapped my foot as I waited for someone to open the door, hopefully, it would be my dad, his car was still in the driveway. Suddenly, the front door swung open, Jed looked at me, stress written all over him and my nerves were acting up all over again, "I-I," I said stuttering, I then cleared my throat and repeated myself, "I came to see Vega."

"Emmett..." he said trailing off, not really finishing his sentence as he closed the front door of the house, "she can't have visitors right now."

I felt my soul drop, "Sir, I wanted to make sure that she was okay," I said, practically begging them, "I need to know that she's okay."

He rubbed his forehead, "come in, we need to talk."

"Okay," I nodded, before following him into his home, in the living-room, my father was sitting on a chair as if he'd been waiting for me to arrive. "Carlisle," I said nodding at him before taking a seat.

"Hello, Emmett."

"Lana, can you come out here for a minute?" Jed yelled up the staircase before taking a seat with us.

"Sure," we heard her say before she was standing in the same room as us, "hello, Emmett," she said giving me a sweet, motherly smile. I opened my mouth to speak but she beat me to the punch, "I know you want to see her, but she is sick right now."

I looked at her, her words breaking me. "Good thing I can't get sick. Please," I said begging. "let me see her once. I just, I need to see that she is okay, I need to know this."

"I understand what you're saying I do, Emmett, but she's to unwell right now," her father told me, holding his wife close to him, they had the kind of love that I envisioned for Vega and me.