Chapter Two: Its Been Awhile

That's Ian the asshole ^^^
----------------------------------------------

I wake up to the smell of bacon and eggs. Huh, Ian never cooks. Then it hit me. Ian cheating. Me packing.

I was a big wreck when I came to my parents house last night. I had fallen into my mom's arms, crying, explaining everything to her.

She was the best listener. Never interrupted, just listened, acknowledged, cared, and made cookies. Those were really good cookies if I say do so myself.

I trudge down the stairs, still in my pajamas, towards the delicious smell coming from the kitchen. As soon as I get there, I see Dad reading the newspaper and sipping on his coffee. While my dad does his thing, my mom is making scrambled eggs and bacon, as well as, brewing another coffee.

"Good morning," I say sleepily, while rubbing my eyes.

"Drink this. You look like you need it, sweetie," mom tells me as she hands me the coffee she was recently brewing.

"Thanks, mom," I respond.

"How are you feeling, honey?" she asks, caressing my shoulder.

"Honestly, I feel absolutely horrible. I feel hopeless," I inform.

"Aww, sweetie," she says, still rubbing my shoulder, "why don't you do this. You finish your breakfast and then you can take a shower, get dressed, and come back down. Once you come down, I'll give you a couple errands to run to get your blood moving, okay?"

"Alright. Thanks mom, I don't know what I would do without you," I say, giving her a tight hug, "I'll be back down soon."

I run upstairs to the bathroom and slip off my clothes. I hop into the shower and let the hot water hit my back. I wash my hair and do all the other necessities. As I get out, I wrap a towel around myself and go into my room.

Searching through my clothes, I find a gray t-shirt, jean shorts, and a flannel. I put on the shirt and shorts and wrap the flannel around my waist. I curl the ends of my hair and put on a small amount of makeup.

Feeling a bit better, I head downstairs to the living room where my mom is watching Family Feud.

"Hey mom"

"Hey Fiona, there's a list on the fridge of what I need you to buy for me, please," my mother says.

"Alright, I'll see you later mom," I say as I give her a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek.

***

On my way to the grocery store, I noticed my check engine light was on. Ugh. I'll check that later. A few minutes later the song Thinking Out Loud sounds from my phone. Really. That's Ian's ringtone. I really need to change it to the asshole alert one.

I let the call go to voicemail since the last thing I want is to talk to Ian. The song plays from my phone again and I let it got to voicemail. Again. After it plays for  the third time, I have gotten tired of hearing that song, I pick up.

"What to do you want, Ian?" I say through clenched teeth.

"Baby, listen, I just wanted to-"

"No," I interrupt, "you listen to me! Don't call me baby, because it's over between us! I never want to hear from you or see you ever again! What you did was beyond forgivable and I hope you know that for the rest of you hideous life! And this is a fact, not an opinion, you are an ugly, lying, cheating, dirty scumbag and I hope you rot in hell!"

I immediately hang up and block his contact so he wouldn't be able to get ahold of me.

After I park in front of the grocery store, I stop the car and head inside. Alright, lets see. I look at what is first  on the list that my mom wrote out. The first item on the list is eggs. I head to the dairy section with my basket and grab a pack of a dozen eggs. I might as well get the milk while I'm over here. I grab the milk and focus on the list as I walk and...

"Umphh!"

I bump straight into a stranger!

"OhMyGodIAmSoSorry," I say, apologizing at the speed of light.

"Don't worry about it," he says. And he isn't to bad looking, in fact, he is really hot. His chiseled jaw and chocolate eyes. He, then, breaks me from my trance, "Wait, Fiona?"

"How, exactly, do you know my name?" I ask suspiciously, raising one eyebrow.

"It's me, Landon. From high school," he explains.

That is when I immediately recognize him. "Oh my god, Landon! How long has it been, like 7 years!" I say as I envelope him in a small hug.

"Yeah, it's been awhile. We should hang out some time. Here, why don't I give you my phone number?" he asks

"Alright, that would be great," I say, handing him my phone.

He puts his contact into my phone and hands it back. "It was nice seeing you but I really have to get home. I'll see you around some time," he says.

"Yeah, I'll see you later," I say.

Landon, it has been awhile.

----------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed and comment and vote!! Have a fabulous day!!

Random question: what is your favorite food??