Chapter 21: The Big Day

Jewel P.O.V.
It was the big day! I couldn't have been more excited...and nervous...and exhausted... but at least I will have a wonderful husband that loves me, and will love our children. Wait, why didn't I think of that? How many children were we going to have? What would we name them? Will we have pets? All these thoughts were interrupted by Jack coming in the room with Race.

"Heya sis!" Says Race.
"Youse ready for ya big day?" asks Jack.
"Ise think so!" I respond. "Race, can youse do me a favor?"
"Yeah,"
"Can youse move ya big head so Sarah can come inta the room?" I ask laughing.
Race quickly steps outta the way. Jack can't stop looking at Sarah and smirking.

"Boys, can you leave so we can get on the dress! She's gonna look like a girl!" Sarah says.
"I don't know, Ise neva seen Jewel as a goil, or a speck of a trait comin from dis 'er." Race says.

Jack chuckles and they leave the room.
"Good luck wit 'er! Ise tried ta get 'er inta one of dose dresses an' she soaked me!"

Sarah's eyes widened and then we started to laugh. "It's a true story," I say.

Sarah starts to dress me up and then does my hair. She puts it half up half down and curls it. Then the makeup goes on and I'm led to the mirror. I gasp. Sarah starts to giggle, "You like it?"

"Yeah!" I say as I turn to her and hug her.

A knock on the door from Denton tells us we have to get lined up for the ceremony.

The music starts to play and as I walk down the aisle, I see flashes of the past with and without Spot. Then it ends halfway down the aisle and I see Spot's face, with a big smile, ear to ear. I realize I'm smiling too, although I'm trying hard not to cry.

Blah blah blahhhhh.... a bunch of ceremony stuff.......

"Do you, Gabriel Conlon, take Jewel Alyssa Higgins to be your wedded wife, through disaster, life, and death, arguments about-"

"Okay we get it! Just let them say 'I Do' already!" Says Race. We all nod in agreement and Mush rolls his eyes.

"I do," says Spot.

"Do you, Jewel Alyssa Higgins, take Gabriel Conlon to be your wedded husband, through the same things that I have just said?"

"I do," I say.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Spot and I kiss, and everyone is cheering and whooping and hollering.

"Let's Party!" Ace shouts.

We head to Tibby's, cause it was romantic to us. Who knows why, but we like it there. We drank and sang and danced and enjoyed the party.

We rode away in Roosevelt's carriage, that was very romantic too. We went to a log cabin up in Upstate New York, and it was nice and near the Hudson River. We stayed there for a week and a half, and rode back to Brooklyn afterward. I told Sarah what we did and stuff, and I told her that her honeymoon will be romantic, and she'll love it. Not just because of (winky face😉).