Things Take Time || Part 9

"There it is!" Your friend said pointing down the dirt road to a large shack where you could see about five tables set up with some things on them and some other people browsing around.

    "Hey, uh, Doll... I forgot to ask. What are garage sales?" Bill whispered to you. Being a demon and not knowing what 'meatsacks' do in their spare time had it's setbacks.

    "It's just where people dig out some things they don't want anymore and sell it." You muttered.

    "Oh, okay. Thanks." 

    "Oh cool! Look at this!" Your friend exclaimed as s/he went through the stuff laid out on the tables. Picking up a ship in a bottle s/he said, "This would look awesome in my bedroom!"

    "It's $5(American dollars, sorry to people in other countries!) if you want it." Croaked one of two elderly men from over in the corner, looking as if they were twins. 

    "No wait, $10! If you really want it, $15!"

    "Stanley, be quiet! It's $5, (Miss/Sir)"

    "Uh..." You friend reached for his/her wallet. "Here. Only $5, right?"

    "Yes."

    "Okay, just checking..." S/he said, laughing while handing the one with strangely, six fingers a five dollar bill. You were giggling over the two men bickering about the price when Bill called you over to a table.

    "Check this out, Doll!" Bill exclaimed while finding a banner with a design of his triangle form on it. He walked over to the two men, still fighting over what they could 'make a profit' on.

"Hey! Excuse me, can I buy this?" Bill chirped to the man whom your friend gave his/her money to.

    "Yes, please. I'd be happy to get rid of it. That's $5 as well." The other one mumbled about a 'stupid triangle menace.' As you reached for your wallet after Bill had given you puppy-dog eyes when realizing he had no money, the six-fingered one asked a question.

    "Hey... You look like someone I used to know... But- You know, Nevermind."

You both brushed what he said off as nothing. Bill nudged you.

    "You wanna find something, Doll?" He asked.

    "No, I'm go-"

    "HEY (Y/N)!" Your friend shouted from across the yard. Bill chuckled.

    "Go ahead, I'll be waiting by the sidewalk." Bill said. You quickly raced over to where your friend was standing so s/he wouldn't make the entire neighborhood call the cops with his/her screaming.

    "Take a look at this!" S/he exclaimed holing up a chain necklace with a golden triangle with a brick pattern pendant on it. "This suits you!" S/he said holding it up to your neck where it would supposedly hang when around your neck.

    "Wow!" You paused. "But I don't have any money left." You said eyeballing Bill from across the yard. He wasn't paying any attention to you though. He was more interested in a dead squirrel which you guessed someone must've ran over.

    "Don't worry, I got you!" S/he chirped as you walked over to the two men once again. "How much for this?"

    "Now this is pure gold... But it's small... So maybe about $17?"

    "...You owe me, (Y/N)."

    "Fine, fine..." You responded as your friend pulled out a five, ten, and two one dollar bills from his/her wallet.

    "Thank you, and come again to the MYSTERY SHACK!!"

    "Stanley! Stop inviting people back to my house!!"

    "Find something you like?" Bill asked as soon as you reached him and started the walk back to your house.

    "Yeah, actually!" You held up the necklace to which Bill's eyes widened.

    "Nice! Want me to put it on you?"

    "Sure." You turned around, (pulled up your hair with your hands,) and Bill strung the necklace around your neck, connecting it with the clasp. He let the piece of jewelry fall around your neck and he sighed.

    "You're so beautiful..." He murmured, which made you blush, and your friend giggle.

    "...Sh-shut up!" You said playfully, elbowing him lightly in the stomach. He chuckled. He pecked you on the cheek just as you neared your house. You reached your key and stepped in greeted by the same mess you left last night which you had neglected to clean up earlier.

    "Well... I'm gonna... go." Your friend said, backing out slowly. Clearly, s/he didn't want to clean up with you. S/he had backed out slowly and then raced down the block beck to his/her house. Bill chuckled and closed the door behind you.

    "You... Wanna put on some music to clean up with?" You asked, nudging him.

    "Sure, I'll get my music player!" He chirped, racing up the stairs to retrieve his iPod and speaker from two nights ago.

    He came back down the stairs a bit later, and plugged the speaker in. Immediately, it started playing Oh No! by Marina and the Diamonds. You smiled and started to sing along.

    "Don't do love, don't do friends, I'm only after success. Don't need a relationship, I'll never soften my grip." Bill noticed your love for the song and started to vocalize as well. 

    "Don't want cash, don't want car, want it fast, want it hard, Don't need money, don't need fame, I just wanna make a change. I just wanna change, I just wanna change, I just wanna change, I just wanna change, I just wanna... Change!" Bill chuckled as the rest of the song played. He placed his hand on your back, almost on your waist and started to slowly dip you downwards. You followed along, as Bill dipped you low so your head/hair almost touched the ground.

    "Hey, not so low, I don't want to sweep with my hair! Get a broom first!" you both laughed.

    "Okay, fine~" He brought you back up from the dip and kissed you as you kept your arms wrapped around his neck. You unlocked your hands and placed them on his shoulders, bringing him down to kiss him again.

    As soon as you let go, you blurted out, "Why do you have to be so tall?"

    He chuckled and answered, "Why do I have to be so tall? Well, it contributes to my handsomeness~" He ran his fingers through his hair and pecked you again.

    "Haha... I love you..."

    "I love you too, Doll."