Things Take Time || Part 4

~ BILL'S P.O.V. ~

"So, you're Bill?" (Y/N)'s dad asked.

"Yep!"

"And you're a 'friend of (Y/N)'s?" He asked with a twinge of mischief in his voice.

"Only a good friend, right (Y/N)?"

"Yes!" She chirped. "Nothing... weird between us!" 'It's not like he's a demon or anything...'  she thought.

"Okay," He said eyeing us suspiciously, but with a tinge of mischief.

"Daaad!" (Y/N) said, laughing. I chuckled a little as well. It's strange, the feelings that I have for her. When I said we were just 'good friends' I knew that was true, but do I really think she has the same feelings for me that I have for her? No. That wouldn't be possible... Unless...

"Dinner's done!" (Y/N)'s mother called from the kitchen.

"Aw yes! I love mac & cheese!" She's like a child, but a grown up child. It's cute.

"So do I." I said. It was true, though I haven't had it that many times. The plates were already at the placemats with a fork next to each one as well as a glass of water. In the center of the table, was one of those potholder things so her mom could put the pot full of food down without burning the table. Her mom put the pot down with a wooden spoon in it along with of course, the mac and cheese.

"Yessssss..." I heard (Y/N) whisper as she scooped a big serving with the spoon.

"Hey, leave some for the rest of us!" I said playfully. She laughed then hissed.

"It's miiiineeee." She whisper-shouted at me. The rest of us laughed. "okay, I'll leave, like, a noodle you guys can all share!

"Now, that's better!" I said and we all laughed.

"Well, I see you both get along well." Her mother said as I stared to scoop out some food.

"Yeah, we're pretty good friends!" I said, because (Y/N) was unable to answer, as her mouth was full of the cheesy noodles. So she nodded. After everyone was served, we pretty much just sat... and ate. Her parents eat so slow, so by the time we were done, they were only about 1/4 done! But we sat and stayed, as not to be rude. They almost took a good twenty minutes to finish, and as soon as they did, (Y/N) got up and asked me for my plate. I handed her it and she went to the kitchen to put them in the sink/dishwasher.

"Hey Dad, can we go out back?" (Y/N) asked after I heard the klink of dishes.

"Sure, sweetie. Don't run around too much yet."

"Got it, Dad!" She said while running to the back door. "C'mon Bill!"

"Coming!" I called after her. As soon as I passed the doorway leading to a grass field, I saw a trampoline. I had seen them before, but I'd never been on one. But they look fun.

~ YOUR P.O.V. ~

"Hey Bill, do you wanna go on the trampoline?" I said as I saw him eyeing it.

"Uh, sure." He said as we started to fast-walk over to it. He climbed up with ease, but it was always just a little hard for me. As he saw me struggling, he held out his hand in a motion to have me take it. I felt my face redden and become warm. He chuckled and I knew he saw me blush. I quickly looked down and hoisted myself up. I didn't let go of Bill's hand; I didn't want to. And he didn't seem to reject. He jumped and fell over, pulling me down as well, me landing almost right on top of him! He laughed.

"I think you just fell for me." He smiled. I laughed, then playfully punched him.

"In your dreams!"

"More like in yours!" He chuckled.

"Well, I guess you would know..."

"Yep. But seriously, I came on the trampoline to jump, not have a very cute girl lay on top of me." He said while pushing a strand of hair out from my eyes. My face turned bright red as I sat up. When Bill sat up, he came too far forward and pecked my right on the lips, lasting about two seconds! As he parted, I saw the smug smile stretching across Bill's face, and I knew this was no accident.

"Uhh...." I said, my face feeling like a fire. I tried to say, 'What was that for?' But it came out like, 'Wha- Uh, well, I-I just... Uh...' He chuckled as he placed his right hand on my cheek. He tilted his head and cocked his eyebrow giving me a look that said, 'You know you liked it, wanna kiss me again?' So you did.