Things Take Time || Part 6

As soon as your marshmallows had turned into a golden brown and... uh... Charcoal black, (But still gooey on the inside!) from the fire, Bill had grabbed two graham crackers and a few chocolate pips (look it up, a pip is an individual bit of Hershey's chocolate!) to put in your s'more.

    "Hey," Bill asked while eyeing your burnt marshmallow, "You wanna share? I don't know if that's salvageable." You really didn't know if Bill was just dropping you hints, or if he actually didn't want you to eat a burnt marshmallow, but you said, 'Sure, let's share,' anyways. Bill handed you a graham cracker and the pips for you to make your s'more because even if he was a demon, he didn't know all things. Just lots of things... None of which involve making s'mores, apparently. He watched you closely as if you were splitting an atom, but really, you were just making a delicious fireside snack. Just after you had put the other cracker on top and let go, Bill jumped up and yelled, 'HUZZAH!!!'. You jumped which made Bill laugh, which made you laugh, and soon after you were both laughing so hard, you forgot why!

    "Heh, okay, okay... let's eat this thing! You wanna take the first bite?" You asked Bill after a while of giggling like lunatics.

    "Well, let's get up on a chair first..." He said while remembering what you had said earlier, you had agreed to sit on his lap. He looked at you, knowing you wouldn't return the gaze. "Uh... you don't have to if you don't want to," He said. You both blushed, but didn't see as you both looked away when you felt it coming on.

    "No, no. It's okay. I don't want to sit on the grass, and this is the only alternative. And of course as you know..." You didn't need to finish the sentence. He nodded and smiled smugly. You punched him playfully, and he chuckled. As you two made your way to your seat, Bill grasped for your hand. The already existent blush grew darker as Bill sat down and motioned for you to sit down as well. You climbed on and sat down, and as you did, both of your blushes grew darker. Your parents looked over your way, but made no note of you sitting on your 'friend's' lap. You handed him the s'more and he took a bite. He munched on it for a bit, smiling, then handed it to you.

    "I never knew human food was this good," He whispered to you, being sure that your parents weren't listening or watching. But thankfully they were engaged in their own conversation. By now, it was getting dark, around 7:00 or 8:00, and despite sitting next to a fire and almost on top of Bill, the chill made you shiver. Bill noticed this and moved his head from behind yours to rest on your left shoulder, and your blush grew yet again. You didn't even know if it was possible to blush harder, but Bill proved that wrong when he wrapped his arms around you in a hug from behind. You sighed, and you felt Bill close his eyes. You really did want this moment to last forever. To freeze time, or... Something. Bill chuckled and you laughed nervously, and when you did so, he softly nudged you with the side of his head, like a cat would. You took a hold of his hands buckled at your waist and held them, which were quite warm. He snuggled his face into the crook of your neck and you two just sat there, content.

    "Would you mind if I stayed over?" You blushed yet again, which Bill felt, but answered the truth.

    "No..." He smiled.

    "Your parents don't have to know, but if you want I can ask them." Now, your parents (At least in this pocket universe/sub-dimension) are the somewhat fun but strict kind. They let you invite guy friends over, but not from 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m.. 

    "I don't think they'd let you..." And it was true. Then, he nudged his face just a little farther into the crook of your neck.

    "Then it can just be our little secret," He whispered, his mouth inches away from your ear. "I should 'go' now." You nodded and got up. Bill reached for your hand, which you took with delight. He pulled on your hand to get up and pulled up his pants like an awkward teenager would. You had to bite your lip to keep from giggling.

    "Hey, uh, Mister and Misses (L/N), I really should get going now."

    "Of course, would you like (Y/N) to walk you home? Do you live far?" Why did your mother have to ask so many questions?

    "No, I live just across the creek."

'The same creek he rescued me from...' You thought to yourself.

    "Oh, okay! See you later."

    "Thank you for hosting me, see you later... (Y/N)" 'And not too much later...' Bill added silently. You smiled to yourself.

TIME SKIP

    After a few minutes of sitting alone by the fire, thinking of a certain demon, you decided to head up to your room to... Uh... 'Read a book.'

    "Sure honey, go right on ahead. Me and your father will put out the fire in a few minutes... Good night!"

    "Night Mom." You called over your shoulder as you fast walked over to the sliding glass door that led to the kitchen. You closed the door behind you and jogged up the stairs to your bedroom. Without looking, you flopped over on your bed, hearing an, 'Oof!" as you landed. Looking up, you saw Bill. You had just happened to flop over him and on his stomach.

    "Oop! Sorry Bill!!" You apologized quickly, wondering if you had hurt him. Then you remembered he thought pain was 'hilarious', when you heard him laughing.

    "Haha! That was fun!" He giggled, you laughed. He looked down slightly, chuckled, then gave you a look that resembled the bedroom eye while smirking. Your face turned a bright red as you looked down. You had been straddling Bill across his waist for the past few moments, which he had taken notice of.

    "I-I'm sorry," You stuttered, "I didn't mean- Well- I just-" He cut you off by placing his lips against yours, and to this gesture, you blushed uncontrollably.

    "It's fine, Doll..." He said as soon as he parted, his voice just barely a whisper. You sighed.

    "You know... Just in case I fall asleep or something, would you mind if I change?" Bill smiled.

    "Of course, go ahead, do you want me to get out?"

    "Umm..." You did want him to get out, but... "Yes..." You answered.

    "Kay, just call me back when you're done." He said, while staring into your (E/C) eyes with his brown ones. He spun and he was gone. You rolled your eyes, remembering the spinning from before.

    After you had gotten changed, but forgotten why, you laid down on your bed and decided to go to sleep, but awoke when you heard a whisper in your ear.

    "(Y/N)? Did you forget about me?~" You looked to where you might have heard it, groggily, meeting the face of a particular demon, which you had forgot of.

    "Mm? Phfft..." You blew some air into Bill's face, sending his hair flying up, which made you both chuckle. He rested his elbows on the mattress you were trying to sleep on and rested his head on his hands, looking at you.

    "Soo... It looks warm in there... Would you mind if I joined you?~"