Naomi Tanizaki

You're having a sleepover with your best friend Naomi.

"What do you want to do now?" You ask. You'd already painted each other's nails, which was Naomi's favorite thing. You're pretty shocked when she suggests one of her least favorite things.

"I wanna try playing Slender again."

"Are you sure?" Then you scoff in annoyance. "Oh, you mean you want Junichirou to play it while we watch." You hate that she has to bring her brother into everything. While Junichirou is nice enough, he and Naomi have a cringey relationship, and it makes you slightly (ok, more than slightly) jealous. You hate to admit that you have the classic gay problem. The best friend crush.

"Silly, onicchan's not even here!" Naomi turns the lights off, screeches at the pitch blackness and turns them back on. "First lets turn on the T.V. and everything." She grabs the remote, then calls Junichirou. You know it's him, because he's the only one she ever calls.

"Onicchan? No I'm not in danger! The T.V.'s on and I don't know how to get it to the X-Box...What green button?" The T.V. turns off.

"Here I can do it," you take the remote from her and do what needs to be done.

"Oh never mind! (Y/N) did it! Wow, I didn't know you were a tech genius!" You feel proud of yourself, even though you didn't do anything.

Naomi giggles into the phone. "Okay, bye onicchan! I love you! No, you hang up first!" She makes the most dejected face. "He hung up on me!"

You roll your eyes so far back into your head it hurts. "Let's play."

Naomi goes over to turn off the lights. When it's dark, she runs back over and collides right into you. You both scream. She throws her arms around your neck, shaking.

"Are you sure you wanna play this?" You ask her.

"Yeah yeah!"

You take the controller, your heart pounding a little, and go to the start menu. Naomi buries her face into your shoulder at the sight of the suit clad man with no face.

"No, you have to look at the screen, Naomi. I'm not playing this by myself." You hit start. Naomi hangs around your shoulders like you're her lifeline.

When the scene is set, Naomi squeals and covers her eyes with one hand.

"No don't cover your eyes," You slap her hand away. She huddles even closer to you. She's trembling. "He doesn't even come out at the beginning," you tell her. "We're safe right now."

"Are you sure? Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. We've seen Junichirou play it, haven't we?"

"I was kind of closing my eyes the whole time."

You try to make your character run, but after three seconds they stop, panting. "Damn girl, you need to hit the gym," you say, trying to lighten the mood so Naomi isn't so scared. She giggles a little. Her grip around you doesn't loosen.

"Can we sit on the couch?" She asks.

"Sure." It is eleven. You're getting pretty tired. As soon as you sit down, Naomi resumes her position of arms draped around your shoulders. Maybe you two should play this game more often.

Once you find the first piece of paper, loud footsteps sound in the background.

"Is that him?! Is he coming?!" Naomi shrieks, her grip tightening.

You shush her, trying to concentrate. The enemy is only going to get more aggressive from here. But you probably shouldn't remind her that.

"Do you think you could help me find the paper since you're not controlling?"