chapter 3

Josh was all Tyler could think about and he despised himself for it.  Jenna kept trying to make conversation more than usual and for some reason it started bothering Tyler. 

                       Tyler's POV

       Will this chick ever shut up? I wondered then smacked my hand against my head.  I felt bad for thinking that because Jenna was great and she was pretty much the only person in the world that would talk to me it felt like. 

I looked at her waiting for her to speak again.  "Oh, sorry," Jenna said and flipped the pages of her math book "I didn't finish my story did I?" She asked and I laughed to myself. 

I smiled at her and she smiled back "Jenna and Tyler, please, pay attention this is important," the teacher, Mrs. Antonia said. 

Jenna apologized to the teacher and giggled.  I smiled at her again and started trying to listen to the teacher. 

                   Josh's POV

       The bell rang for second period and I grabbed my things.  I started walking down the hall and saw my friends bully Tyler. 

Before I could think I dropped my stuff and ran to Tyler's side.  "What are you guys doing?" I asked hysterically "woah dude calm down," Chase said and smacked Tyler's things out of his hands. 

"Stop," I said "oh, so your with the freak now?" Skylar asked "don't call him a freak," I said "what are you-" before Chase could finish I punched him hard in the mouth. 

"Wanna call him a freak again?" I asked Chase and repeatedly kicked Chase when he fell on the ground.  "Stop, Josh," Skylar said pulling me away. 

Tyler looked scared and ran away.  The principal came over and ripped Chase and I apart. 

I explained to the principal what happened and I got suspended for three weeks.  Great I thought to myself when I had to walk back home. 

The school called my mom and told her what happened.  I started biting my lip nervously in the office.  "Josh," the vice principal said as he walked into the room.  He dropped files on the office desk and sighed.  "Will you be walking home?" He asked. 

I nodded my head.  "Okay go ahead," he said and motioned me out of the office.  I walked out of the school building as fast as I could.

                     Tyler's POV

     I ran into the bathroom when Josh punched Chase.  I was breathing heavily and thoughts were swirling around in my head. 

Why would he do that? Doesn't he know I'm a freak? Why would he risk his popularity? All of the thoughts became too much for my stomach and I puked out breakfast. 

Tears fell onto my cheeks as I sat on the toilet seat. A bell rung.  Another bell rung.  Another bell rung.  I stayed in there until it was time to leave school.

I felt stupid for staying in the bathroom for so long but I sighed and walked out of the bathroom with my belongings. 

I walked to my locker and got all my things. On my way out of the building everyone wouldn't stop staring at me.  I started breathing heavier. 

I walked as fast as I could home.  "Tyler," my mom said trying to stop me as I rushed into my room. 

I slammed the door behind me and fell onto my bed with tears leaking uncontrollably out of my eyes.