Awakened

" Hope, y-you're awake!" Nico stammered excitedly, gripping her shoulders.

Hope blinked at him in confusion, curious as to why she was here in the infirmary.

" Yes.....," She drew out, not comprehending what he meant.

" You're actually awake! You've been in a coma for months! Remember? You saved Jason's life!" Nico chirped happily.

Understanding flashed in her eyes as she remembered and she sent a grin back at him.

" I don't know what the hell you kids are talking about, but did you not just experience a stone talking through her?!" The raccoon snarled, gesturing to her with his gun.

Hope cast an absolutely confused glance at him, a slight fear mingled in it. She obviously had no clue what had happened, and knew nothing of the invasion currently happening over their heads. A blast going off outside their room made all three occupants flinch and the situation caught up to them.

" Okay, girl, you're coming with me!" The raccoon snarled, taking a threatening step closer.

Nico instantly shoved Hope behind him and balled his fists angrily.

" Look...Rocket was it?..Hope isn't going anywhere with you!" Nico growled back, eyes narrowed dangerously.

This was one of the times he wished he was older again, one of the times when he wished he could just have one normal day without fate trying to muck it up. He reminded himself not to send the three fates a Christmas card this year.

" Look, pipsqueak, I don't care what you say, there are going to be a whole lot of people who are worse than us going after her now that the stone has been found. If she comes with us then she's safe. You realize that stone is impossible to physically touch for more than a few minutes. Most get disintegrated on the spot. She's got some dangerous stuff on her and it's a hell of a lot safer with us!" Rocket ranted while glancing at the door every now and then.

Nico was thrown by that, what was it about this Orb that was so powerful, it took over Hope back there and he seriously doubted that it would be safe anywhere, let alone with this freak and his rag tag invaders. From his perspective they were villains, why would he give them access to Hope?! 

Before he could snap out an answer, a man in a long russet coat and a strange silver mask crashed through the door, guns in hand and pointed to a now visible Captain America who was sprinting at him with his shield raised to strike. 

" Cap!" Nico cried out.

Steve glanced in his direction and his eyes widened at the sight of Hope sheltered behind Nico. His surprise ebbed as he went to their rescue, abandoning his current charge. Throwing his shield he slammed the Raccoon away from them and skidded to a halt beside them.

" I know what they're looking for. They're going after Hope!" Nico hissed urgently.

Cap's gaze hardened and he glared at the two enemies helping each other out of the crumbled wall.

" Stay behind me, we need to get this fight over now!" Cap ordered.

While the enemies were distracted he threw his shield again, throwing the man in to Hope's unused metal chamber, his he'd striking the side and sending him slumping to the floor unconscious. 

Steve ducked as a bolt of electricity was sent his way from the rodent's gun and he signaled Nico to shadow travel a very confused Hope out of the room.

He caught his shield again and ran forward, blocking a punch sent his way and slamming his shield bodily in to the dazed creature. Rocket went down with a grunt of pain as he nursed his now broken wrist. Taking the moment, Steve punching his spare in the furry forehead and sent him in to unconsciousness.

" Our  space scanners  have identified these guys to be the so called ' Guardians of the Galaxy '. Basically their the avengers of space, which begs the question. Why were they trying to break in here?" Tony informed the tired and battered team.

The intruding team were currently holed up in the same prisons that had once held Loki, and countless other villains before. Hope was huddled in one of the chairs being checked over by Bruce and Annabeth who were currently checking her vitals.

" I can answer that. Rocket, the raccoon, said they were after an ' Orb ' which we discovered is the purple gem in Hope's necklace. Effectively they're after Hope to get it back," Nico explained, eyes pin pointed on Hope.

Hope gripped Nico's hand under the table and her gaze swept the people assembled.

" I don't know why they want my gem, I don't even know why I had it, I just woke up with it, so unless you put it on me while I was in that coma, then I don't know how it got there," Hope ground out in exasperation.

" Well then I suppose we should ask our prisoners, because they're waking up," Natasha commented nonchalantly.