Infiltration

( I have had no idea how to continue this book so far, but I will try and update often now! Since I seem to have found my groove now ).

" Tony! Steve! The Raccoon got inside!" Leo yelled over the din of battle.

Steve and Tony glanced at each other before Steve spoke up.

" Leo, call Natasha, tell her that there's a hostile and he's inside. The rest of you, close ranks!" Steve ordered tersely, before failing to duck a punch from the giant of a man.

Natasha, Piper and Hazel paced the top floor of Stark Towers, waiting to hear more from the men outside. Nico and Clint where lurking in the shadows, stalking the halls on a strange type of patrol. Bruce and Annabeth were taking shelter in the weapons room, not wanting the hulk to b unleashed at this time.

" Natasha, black widow can you hear me?" Leo's voice inquired over the comms.

The girls paused in their pacing and activated their comms.

" Yes, Leo, what is it?" Nataha asked worriedly.

" The raccoon got inside!" Leo informed over the comm.

" Raccoon?" Piper asked with a scoff, an eyebrow raised in disbelief.

" You heard me. Raccoon, he's in the building and that little sucker is armed to the teeth, guns everywhere! It even talks! and he's bigger than most wildlife found around here," Leo ground out, while the son of flames reached them over the comm.

" Okay, we'll search for him," Natasha soothed, before deactivating the comm link.

Nico and Clint crept the halls in the shadows, freezing at corners and searching for ambushes. So far they had found nothing and their didn't seem to be a problem in the tower. However, Nico was apprehensive, fidgeting madly as his thoughts trained to one thing. Hope.

Was she okay? He couldn't think of anything else but her safety at this point, and it was making his work sloppy.

" Go on kid, go check on her so you can stop worrying," Clint murmured gently, as if reading his thoughts.

With a grateful smile, Nico shadow-travelled in to the lab/infirmary.

So far everything was quiet. In the metal pod they'd placed her in, she still lay motionless, eyes closed and hair fanned out behind her. The cold air inside the pod made everything misty, but he could still make out her familiar silver tunic and armor, and her ever present  multicolored gem studded necklace that shon brightly in the artificial light of the pod, its greens, blues, yellows, purples and reds of the gems catching the light.

" Thank the gods you're okay," Nico murmured to his best friend in the world, laying a hand on her pod.

He swore he could hear her murmuring comfort to him, though he knew that wasn't true.

A sudden clicking sound made him twirl around and his his sword in front of him. The source of the clicking sound was one he knew well, the safety of a gun being taken off.

" Hand over the orb, kid," A deep voice growled at him.

Tearing his gaze away from the gun his eyes met the shooter, and they widened substantially. Either this was a crazy dream, or something was wrong, because massive raccoons did not talk, nor did they shoot guns. But apparently this one did.

Although his question unnerved Nico, orb? what orb?

" Orb?" He inquired, an eyebrow raised.

" Yeah, the shiny purple stone you put on that dead girl. Though I reckon that aint what killed her," The raccoon elaborated, clearly impatient as he gestured with his gun to Hope's necklace.

Nico growled, and his dark eyes narrowed greatly.

" Hope is not dead, and you will not open that pod. Besides, what is that orb to you?" Nico asked with a grimace at the word dead.

" The girly here obviously hasn't had that stone on long, it belongs to. us and it disappeared a few months ago. Hand it over and I won't have to kill you, and her," The raccoon explained in an annoyed tone.

Nico smirked, violence, that was something he could comprehend. Threatening Hope would only make his strength grow.

" I think not," Nico stated simply, before he disappeared in to his own shadow, and reappeared behind the raccoon, his sword poised to strike at him.

However his concentration shattered when the gun went off, a wave of what appeared to be blue energy spurted from the abnormal gun and slammed in to Hope's pod, shattering the glass of the front and letting air rush in.

Nico immediately went in to panic mode, Hope needed that temperature to stay cold so she could heal better so she wouldn't die! There was no telling how this could affect her in her current comatose state!

Hope's comatose form didn't move, but the raccoon did, and he made a grab for the glowing purple stone, face set in a determined grimace.

Nico leapt after him, grabbing the back of his leather vest and pulling the raccoon off balance and to the floor, where he then proceeded to try and disarm the creature. However a shock of electricity surged through him when he tried to take the gun and he leapt backwards, hissing in displeasure.

The raccoon saw his opening and yet again made a grab for the purple stone in Hope's get studded necklace, a grey sphere-like canister poised to encircle the stone securely in his outstretched hand. However, when the canister began to encircle the stone a pulse wave of purple light washed over the room, wishing the creature back from Hope.

Nico's ears were ringing, and he raised his head when the purple shock wave died down, what he saw was something he'd never expected. Hope's whole necklace was ablaze with multicoloured light, the purple stone at the centre glowed most of all.

And to his utter shock, Hope stood in the pod, blinking her eyes open in an expression of confusion. She gazed upon the scene before her and stiffened when she saw the dazed raccoon picking himself off of the floor.

" Rocket, you will not contain me again," Hope snarled in a hollow voice, that sounded nothing like her usual one.

" Lady, how do you know my name? and I have never met you before, why would I be containing you again," The raccoon, Rocket, asked in a slightly shaky voice.

Hope's eyes narrowed at him and she took a threatening step forward.

" I know all about you, Groot, Gamora, Starlord and Drax, I also know that Nebula is here on this planet. As for containing me, please, Peter had me contained in his disgusting coat pocket for weeks," Hope hissed in the hollow tone, a growl in her throat.

" Not possible........" Rocket whispered suddenly, almost choking on his words.

" What? What is happening?" Nico asked in a husky voice, head still clearing from the energy wave.

" Kid, we are talking to the orb," Rocket murmured, slowly picking up his gun again.

Hope smirked, crossing her arms lightly and showing her white teeth in her smile.

" You are correct, rodent, I am the Power orb and now that I am free from that accursed Xandar volt, and able to be safe with Hope here, there is no way you will be containing me again," Hope chuckled, before the glow of her necklace died down and Hope put a hand to her head and groaned slightly.

" Oooww my head, Nico?" Hope groaned and she staggered over to him.

" Starlord, you'll want to hear this," Rocket stated in to comm, as he stared at Hope and Nico with a shocked expression.