I guess that's why I wasn't paying attention to what was in front of me. I suddenly tripped over a fallen tree and heard a loud crack as my wolf rolled and smacked against another tree. A whimper of pain echoed through the forest and I heard everyone stop.

Nathan was the first wolf snout I could see and he was sniffing around me trying to see what was wrong with me. Alec came next but Nathan put his body in front of me like a wall and growled at the rest of his family.

Don't touch him! Nathan sneered into everyone's head. I saw him turn around and my light brown paw lifted to his snout so he could see I was okay. He licked it and then looked down to see the paw that was hurt.

He broke his paw, Nathan said softer this time. Fucking, clutz.

Asshole, I whimpered back when his tongue came out and licked across the wounded body part. He looked at his parents who were watching us and I could see the smile in Axel's eyes as he met my own. A kind of I told you so.

The king looked down at me and then at the woods. Take him home or we can carry him the rest of the way. But we need to decide quickly.

I'll go! I'll be healed before morning! I said before anyone else spoke.

I'll carry you, beautiful, Nathan said softly and I couldn't help how my eyes flickered up to meet Alec's only to see him looking at us with hurt and confusion.

How was I supposed to tell him?

I shifted into my human form glad that I decided to shift in my sweatpants today, before looking down at my human ankle and seeing it broken and already turning blue. Nathan helped me onto his back before taking off after his parents.

I held on tight to his fur. Nathan didn't seem to care and just ran with the wind blowing past us quickly. It was weird to be going so fast and riding a giant wolf but my wolf, on the other hand, I was in heaven. I could feel him basking in this attention and purring deep in my chest.

It seemed like for most of the ride I could hear Nathan growling and Alec whining at him but I couldn't hear what they were talking about so I had to leave it alone. At a point in time, Nathan growled and shook his back like he was trying to shake me off but I whimpered in pain and he stopped.

We ran for a few hours until the sun was hidden and the sky was black. We camped outside of the land of David. While everyone set up camp, which was basically building a campfire and piling leaves for beds, Nathan dropped me closer to the side where it was just him and I. He ripped the shirt he had been wearing off and then ripped it so he could wrap my ankle with the black material until it was done healing.

I knew this was my chance. I had to tell him.

"Nathan?" I whispered looking over his tan shoulders and messy hair. He stopped inspecting my hand and looked up at me with dark green eyes.

"What?" he snapped harshly. I had to admit his tone shocked me. He had never really gotten angry with me even in the worse of our situation. What had I done to deserve the cold shoulder?

He snorted angrily. "Other than the fact that you ran into a tree and broke your damn paw? Nothing!"

Um. "Did you just read my mind?" I asked out loud.

"No."

"Liar," I teased but he didn't find it funny. He pulled away from me and sat back so he could just stare at me. I watched his emerald eyes watch me and then they shifted over to where Alec was standing beside Zane and Jessie who were laughing.

"You don't get to call me that after-" he stopped himself and stood up. He tried to walk away but I got up as quick as my ankle would allow and yanked him back.