Chapter III - 'We Have A Problem'

The room fell silent after Senator Grodin was dragged helplessly out of Lord Sengarths vast, yet magnificently empty throne room. It really was a throne room, in every sense. It was a room, with a throne in it. The only other point of interest was the enormous, round, glass window which looked out over the beautiful orange tinted mountains of Gallifrey.

The silence was broken, as a figure entered the room. He was tall, much taller than Sengarth, with jet black hair combed from the front to the back of his head. His cheekbones were sharp, and his presence seemed to turn the room ice cold. He was an imposing character, but Sengarth was not afraid of any of his minors.

"Ah, General Dreygar, what a nice surprise." proclaimed the President, before mumbling under his breath, "Well it's certainly a surprise." Dreygar stood in front of him, and kneeled to the floor, before rising up again, as was procedure for everyone in the High Council. "Did you, want something General?".

"My Lord, there's been an incident concerning Zeta Minor."

Zeta Minor was a planet upon which a gateway to an anti-matter universe was discovered, a few hundred years after a Professor Sorenson discovered traces of anti-matter scattered over the planets surface. When Sengarth took to power, one of his many priorities was to block off the gateway for good, which he did so with an inter-dimensional lock. Nothing could get out of it, or so he thought.

"What do you mean? An incident?" Sengarth demanded, eyebrows slanted downwards in anger. "The dimensional lock is unstable. It's like- well, it's like-" Dreygar stuttered nervously. "Like what?!" the President raised his voice again.
"As if, something is trying to break through." he replied, with a worried look overpowering his face. "But it can't, it's secured. Isn't it?"

"That lock was impossible to break, nothing can get out of there, I was assured when it was fitted." said Sengarth, standing up from his chair, hand to his chin, pondering. "If it breaks out of there, Dreygar, the High Council will have the entire universe to answer to." He walked over to the glass window and stared out over the mountains.

Dreygar moved closer, "My Lord, if you are uncertain, we can send in troops to investigate." The President hesitated for a moment before replying. "We haven't the men or the time. If the gateway is unstable, we don't have long left. You know what to do, General."

Dreygar turned and faced the other way, and activated a communication device on his wrist, "Bring the Doctor to the High Council, if we're to stand any chance against that creature, he's the best chance we've got.