10: "It runs in the family."

Sara pranced through the hallways, her blonde hair flopping as she jumped to a stop in front of the twins. 

“You will never guess what just happened.”

Slamming her locker shut, Emily leaned against the wall as she regarded Sara with an amused expression. “I bet Will finally asked you out,” she said, referring to the guy who had been in love with Sara since freshman year. He always found any opportunity he could to talk to her and the way that he looked at her just proved that he really cared about her.

“Wait, what?” Sara furrowed her eyebrows at Emily’s words. “How’d you know that?”

Emily shrugged her shoulders. “I’m a good guesser.”

“And Taylor told us,” Ali chimed in, pointing down the hallway at Taylor’s tall figure as she dug through her locker. Emily rolled her eyes at her sister for giving away how she had found out about Will and Sara. “How’d he ask?”

“He came up to me in the hallway and just asked. It was cute how nervous he was though.”

Ali’s locker rattled loudly as it slammed shut. “So,” she began, “when’s your first date?”

Sara raised an eyebrow at her friend’s question. “You must be assuming that I said yes.”

The twins nodded simultaneously only to receive a head shake from Sara.

“Don’t assume,” Sara corrected.

“Don’t assume what?” Taylor asked, joining the conversation. Her hair was pulled up into her famous bun and she was wearing a jacket that said Ellison Boy’s Basketball in big block letters across the chest.

“That just because Will asked her out, it doesn’t mean that she said yes,” Emily said, filling Taylor in on their topic of discussion.

Taylor’s mouth dropped open. Her eyebrows raised as her eyes widened significantly. “You did not.”

Ali nodded. “Oh yes she did."

“I can’t believe you didn’t say yes!” Taylor cried, still staring at her blonde friend in shock. “Will’s so nice!”

“I know he is! I’m just not ready to for a relationship yet until I’ve fully explained my past relationships to him!”

Ali and Taylor shared a knowing look. 

Over the past few weeks since they had first met at the start of the school year, the three girls had gotten closer, they had shared a lot about themselves with each other. Ali had told Taylor and Sara, but mainly Taylor since Ali had been aware already, of how jealous she was when it came to Emily. For some reason, Ali always felt like everything Emily did was better. Taylor had enlightened the girls on the reason why she had transferred schools. Apparently her dad had gotten a job at Ellison High as the new boy’s basketball coach, and her family had moved into the school’s district. Finally, Sara had told the girl’s about her past abusive relationship. The news had come as a surprise to Taylor, as well as to Ali, who hadn’t known until then.

Taylor placed a hand on her friend’s shoulder and gave her a sincere look as she spoke. “You can’t move onto the next chapter in your life if you keep rereading the last.”

Emily raised an eyebrow at Taylor’s words. “Well, that was surprisingly deep.”

“Thank you.” Taylor removed her hand from Sara’s shoulder and placed it on her chest to give a little bow. “I’ll be back again next week,” she joked.

“It was good advice though,” Ali pointed out.

Nodding, Sara agreed with what Ali had said. “It kind of was.”