Chapter 1

I jerk from slumber,the hot sun spilling in on my face. Glancing at my phone,I realize it's due to go off in five minutes anyway. I rouse the sleep from my bones, stretching out my body on the bed in disarray from my wild sleep. 

I get up,discontent to leave the comfort of bed. I stroll to the bathroom,and turn on the shower,steam filling the room. I like my water as hot as I can stand it. It wakes up my skin,and some part of me wonders if I'm trying to burn away the parts of myself I don't like. I dismiss the thought,and continue to stand under the stream of water that boils my flesh. The shower is the last place I feel anything as I numb myself from then on to get through the rest of the day.

I wrap myself in my favorite fluffy sea foam green colored towel. I guess this is the closest thing I get to a hug,or a hug I've enjoyed anyway. I don't really count the forced ones from family members or other adults that I accept to keep the front on that everything is okay. I glance at the mirror,fogged by condensed water vapor. This is the only time I like mirrors,or feel secure around them I suppose.

I dress in my usual. For today a white T-Shirt, a gray pull over, and some plain jeans is all that school will get out of me. I pull on my grey beanie,smirking at the idea of people who spend so much time getting ready for school. " Pointless..." I think to myself shaking my head.

Going down the stairs with my backpack slung over my shoulder,I already smell breakfast,though I know it's not for me. Too bad I don't have the stereotypical white family who cooks breakfast every morning before school and eats together.

As I step into my Converse,squirming my foot in because I'm too lazy to sit down and untie than retie them,my twin brother walks by, munching an omelette wrapped in a paper towel.

"Hey fag," he says simply.The word slips so easily off his tongue,and he doesn't even have any second thoughts about saying something like that.

Yes,I have a twin brother,Andi. I also have a younger sister,Emily. I feel like an only child though,anyway. We aren't close,we just all happen to live together. They hate me. Everybody hates me. Even my little sister who's 13 going onto 14 in a couple of weeks has her own string of insults though I'm three years older than her.

I roll my eyes and sigh. I don't give shit anyway. I stopped giving a shit a while ago. I begin my walk down to the bus stop, the bright sunny day of late February mocking me. A warm front must've moved in for a day or two. It's been rather cold this passing winter. Even if it is warm,I still feel frozen to the core. As I approach the corner,I suppose I am a bit grateful not to be physically freezing my ass off in ten degree weather. It gets down to zero,but no snow. I join the other kids who wait here for the large yellow machine with the loud ass engine to take us to school;I guess it's a crowd colorful enough.

There's me,quiet Travis, the one who blends in with the background,unless being made fun of course. I live in the shadow of my more popular brother Andi and lots of people don't even know we're brothers or consider us as such.

Then there's Anais Nelson,the girl constantly dying her hair and who idolizes Jefree Starr and Dahvie Vanity. I think she looks rather cool,but her personality ruins it. She's an emo kid who threw up some skittles with a stuck up prep personality. She texts on the newest iPhone model with the extravagant case that's pasted with so much shit you'd never notice the purple rhinestone encrusted base that barely sees the light of day. The average upscale white family. She is spoiled rotten,and her parents live in the nicest house on the block though it's no mansion. They chose to live in some degree of modesty so they can give their little Anais whatever she wants(and also the bribe anyone off and pay for the damages of their daughter's crazy behavior).