| .05 |

❝   And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am  ❞

     Thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran

_______________________________________

           The next couple of days were really awkward for the married couple, and it became so hard for Carmen to sleep, guilt was eating her alive knowing it was because she couldn't woman up and tell him her need for help

      The next couple of days were really awkward for the married couple, and it became so hard for Carmen to sleep, guilt was eating her alive knowing it was because she couldn't woman up and tell him her need for help. Dak had thought that giving her a few days would be a good idea. Give her, her space so she could process everything.

     But it wasn't what he thought she needed to process.

     It was around 1 AM when Carmen started twisting and turning on her side of the bed. The men large sized Mississippi State shirt was growing more and more drenched in cold sweats. Her breathing picked up as if she was running marathon.

      Drowning. She felt like she was drowning in her sleep. As if she couldn't breathe.

      “No, mmmph, please...stop. I'm sorry..." Her hand curled up into a fist, and then eased back open as she had trouble breathing. Feeling all of the movement from Carmen woke up the young man up a little dizzy, but when he felt the sheets wet, his eyes widened turning to see Carmen in an emotional nightmare.

     She cried in her sleep, unable to get anything out, fuck, somebody wake her up from this nightmare!

     “Stop! I-I-I cannn...t br-" She started to cough and choke in her sleep.

     Dak shook her head sitting up fear running through his body hearing her struggle to breath “Carmen! Wake up! Wake up!" After shaking her for a few moments, she shot out of bed breathing hard with tears down her cheeks. She buried her head in her hands sobbing.

      He knew, it wasn't a just a nightmare. Brushing her hair purple dyed hair out of her face kissing her temple “Was it about him?"

     “He was drowning me. I-I couldn't fucking breathe." She huffed rubbing the back of her neck wiping the sweat off. She felt disgusting.

      Drowning? He remembered when she told him that when she was sixteen. If she messed up one time at home, dropping a glass cup, forgetting to wash a dish, etc; her father would dragging her to the kitchen sink, fill it up, and push her head into the water yelling that she ruined everything.

    He pursed his lips together knowing for a fact that she wasn't going to be able to recover for that nightmare for quite sometime. “Come on, let's get you cleaned up." He slid his arms under the back of her knees and back carrying her to the bathroom. Bridal style.