Excerpt #05

// I watched her today. I wonder how someone can be so unknown about their own beauty. She was turning the pages of her book. The simple and delicate moment of her hands made me dream about how they'll feel when I'll hold them. Her face was full of emotions. Emotions are complicated things and I fail to understand them usually. But I understood her. She was crying. I had to fight the urge to go and comfort her. I didn't, though. I didn't for want to ruin her moment. The moment she was living right then, just like she lived the story. I wanted to tell her how beautiful her eyes looked when they were filled with love and sorrow for her most beloved character. As she read further, she smiled. The kind of smile that starts small and then extends to your ears. I realised then how much I wanted that smile to be for me. I've always liked being alone; there's a certain unexplained coolness to it that I felt. But when I saw her for the first time, trying to hide behind the shelves and escape into a world of her own; I knew how much I longed for someone like her. I have loved her since then. The sound of her laughter, the blushing of her cheeks, changed me. Her emotions, all coming from that one book, changed me.

Today she fell in love with a book. And I fell in love with her again  falling for a book. //