Chapter 1

"Don't ever think I fell for you, or fell over you. I didn't fall in love, I rose in it." -Toni Morrison

Entrepreneur, Model, and Fashion Extraordinaire Toni Braxton-Sinclair stood by her husband Dylan's side as he finished off another campaign speech.

"In my closing, I Dylan Sinclair promise that if you vote for me, I will the best mayor the city of Atlanta has ever had. If you care, vote Sinclair." He said.

The crowd applauded him as Toni chuckled at the lameness of his campaign slogan. They waved and took pictures with everyone before heading home.

Dylan sat on the couch with a sad look in his face as he sat on the couch watching the news. "What's wrong babe?" Toni asked.

"They keep bringing up this age thing like I'm too young to know what I'm doing." He said.

"Baby their just jealous. You're 30 and your achieving more things then men in their 50s. You should be proud. I'm proud of you." She said.

"Thanks. You're right I shouldn't be stressed over something so small anyway."

"Are you sure that's the only problem they're talking about?"

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come Dylan. Don't act like you don't know. I see and hear the things people say about me. About US, and how we don't...fit." She said.

"Baby I've told you many times, I don't care about that stuff. It wouldn't matter if you were black, white, yellow, or green. I love you and if they don't vote for me because of that then I don't want to be Mayor."

"I love you too."

"Good. Besides..." he started as he pulled her onto him, kissing her lips as she straddled him. "I like my woman the same way I like my coffee; strong and black...with a little sweetness." He said making her frown.

"Did you just compare me to coffee?"

"Yes...wait no!...I...I'm gonna stop talking now." He said as she chuckled and kissed him again. Their mini make out session was cut short by the doorbell.

"Ugh! I'll get it.." Toni said
She went to the door and opened to find her best friend Nina on her doorstep.

"Nina!!" Toni squealed hugging her.

"Hey boo. What's up?" Nina replied walking into the house.

"Nothing much just ready for this campaign dinner tomorrow."

"Oh yeah I forgot about that. Good luck!!"

"Wait what? You said you were coming."

"Something came up."

"What?" Toni asked knowing she was about to lie.

"Um...My brother-in-law's friend's father's grandmother's sister's aunt's turtle died. It was a tragic death...poor Larry."

"You're such a bad liar." Toni chuckled.

"Fine I'll be there."

"Good. We need to go find you a dress and do your hair and-"

"I'll be really glad when you have a daughter so you can stop using me as your personal Barbie doll."

"Whatever."

"Seriously when am I gonna have some little nieces and nephews running around?"

"We're gonna start working on that really soon Nina." Dylan said coming into the living room. He wrapped his arms around Toni's waist as they started making out.

"Aww you guys are so cute, I could just throw up."

"Shut up!" Toni chuckled.

"Okay I'm leaving guys see you tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye." They said in unison.

Dylan kisses Toni's forehead, "We have to leave and go to you parents house for dinner tonight."

"Oh shit, I forgot." She said running upstairs to get ready.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Hey Sweetheart, hey Dylan." Toni's father said as he let them in the house.

"Hi daddy." She replied stepping inside as Dylan shook his hand.

"Everyone is in the dining room." Mr.Braxton said leading them down the hall.

They walked into the dining room and all eyes fell on them.

"Hello everyone." Dylan said.

"Hey come on in, sit down, dinner is just about ready." Ms. Evelyn, Toni's mother said.

"So how is everyone doing?" Dylan said.

"Well it's been about 3 months since Grandma died and-" Towanda started before being cut off by Toni.

"Can we talk about something else please?"

"Toni it's okay t-"

Before she could finish Toni got up and went into the kitchen with her father. All of the girls were close to their grandmother, so when she passed everyone took it hard. However, Toni took it the hardest out of all of them.

"What's wrong sweetheart?

"They're talking about grandma again and I just couldn't take it. I miss her so much."

"She's in a better place now. Now come on, I have something for all of you girls from your grandmother." He said as he wiped her tears and led her back into the dining room.

"Okay girls. The reason I asked you all to come over is because I have a gift for each of you. Mom asked me to give these to you girls when she died and it took me a while to find them but here you go." Mr. Braxton said handing each sister except Toni a small box with their name on it.

"Where's mine?" Toni asked.

"Give me a moment." He said before disappearing upstairs. Five minutes later he returned carrying a big box. He sat it on the table and dust flew everywhere making everyone cough.

"Why is Toni's box bigger? I was grandma's favorite!" Tamar said.

"Like hell you were. Obviously she liked me more that's why she gave me this box full of money." Trina said pulling out wads of cash.

"That's because yo broke ass was always asking to borrow money." Traci said making the other sisters laugh as Trina flipped her off.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Toni and Dylan arrived back at the house a couple hours later. Dylan thought going for a swim would cheer Toni up a bit so they got in the pool.

"Did you open your grandmother's gift?" He asked as they were floating around. He held her in his arms being that she couldn't swim.

She shook her head, "No, I don't think I'm ready just yet."

"Well take your time. I'm here if you ever need to talk."

"Thanks love."

"This bikini is so sexy." He said before kissing her lips. "I was thinking about what Nina said and maybe we should start baby making."

"You're right, but we're not having sex tonight Dylan. You have an early morning tomorrow." She protested.

"Did I ever tell you about my swim team days?" He asked randomly.

"Yes, you were the best swimmer on the team and you broke like 5 records blah blah blah."

"You know what I was best at?"

"What?"

He pushed her against the wall of the pool and whispered in her ear. "Holding my breath."

"Okay so what's that supposed to mean." She asked as he kissed her chest and went underwater. Before she knew it, her bottoms were off and she felt a great sensation between her legs making her gasp in pleasure. They spent the next hour making love.

Just an opener...What do you guys think is in Toni's box?