It took me a good five minutes to calm myself down.  I really needed to lay off the horror movies for a while.  

Harry left again around six thirty.  I kissed him goodbye and then walked into the kitchen.  My father was putting his shoes on and told me to do the same.  I asked him where we were going.

"We are going out to dinner tonight," he said after he slid into his second shoe.  I put my moccasins on and slipped into my trench coat.  I ran upstairs to grab my cell phone and then we were off.  My dad drove me a restaurant across the street from The Lone Pub.  I looked back and saw Lily serving tables.  She still wore super low cut shirts.  I rolled my eyes and went into the restaurant.

We sat down in a booth for two and ordered our drinks.  I ordered a water while my father ordered a beer.  We talked about Alec while we decided what we were going to order.  My dad talked about the last time he had see Alec in person.

My mother kicked my father out when Alec was sixteen and I was six.  Alec and I were sitting in his room again as we listened to them argue.  Alec was leaning against the door, trying to listen to what they were saying.  I was too young to understand that my mother was kicking my father out.  I remember Alec breaking down after a while and starting to cry.  I had never seen Alec cry before so I went over to comfort him.  

I hugged my big brother and he hugged me back.  I remember him holding me like he was afraid that he was going to lose me too.  When we heard my father's footsteps walk past his room, Alec wiped his eyes and walked out.  I followed him into my parent's room.  I saw my dad packing his bags and talking to Alec.  Alec was asking why our mom was forcing him to leave.  My father wouldn't say much.  He only said he had to, for Alec and I's sake.  I guess our mom had made him believe that he wasn't a fit parent.

After that, I remember my dad picking me up and kissing me on my cheek for the last time.  He hugged me, then hugged my brother.  He told us he loved us and that was the last time we saw him.  Up until now.

My father had ordered a steak and I ordered fish and chips.  As we waited for the food to arrive, I remembered that Alec had said he and Jailynn had news to share.

"What do you think the news that Alec has to bring is?" I asked after I took a drink of my water.  He shrugged his shoulders and took a drink from his beer.  

"How am I supposed to know?" he asked back.  I shrugged back and thought about where the two of them would be staying.  As far as I knew, I was the one occupying the current guest room.  They'll probably just end up staying in a hotel while they're here, I thought.

My father and I ate our meal with little conversation in between our bites.  We talked about school and how Harry and I are starting to get serious.  I guess a month and a half is serious in his mind.  To me serious was dating for three or four months, in my mind Harry and I were still in the baby steps of our relationship.  

Jailynn and my brother had been dating since they were in their early twenties.  Alec was twenty two and Jailynn was twenty.  They met while Alec was on his way to work.  Jailynn worked at the local coffee shop that was next to Alec's job at the time.  He stopped by everyday to get a caramel macchiato.

Alec worked at the diner next door and always stopped by the coffee shop, just to see Jailynn.  I hadn't seen her, but from the description in Alec's letters she had straight blonde hair with black streaks running throughout her hair and was very skinny.  She always had her hair up in a bun while she was working and wore very minimal makeup.  I guess she was beautiful without the makeup.  

Alec waited three weeks before he worked up the guts to ask her out.  She said no the first couple times and then finally went out with him because she wanted him to quit annoying her.  Well, who knew that one date would result in five years of being together.