Sasuke was sweating as he read the questions then glanced at the clock. The time seemed to be flying past really quickly. He glanced up and took a quick look around, seeing most students struggling. However the one in front of him was writing down answers like he knew them. Surging chakra into his eyes, he turned on his sharingan and began to copy the hand movements.

Sakura almost screamed in joy. She'd studied all about these topics in her spare time. If the first exam was this easy, she knew she'd get 100% for the whole Chunin exam and be promoted to Chunin in no time. She neglected to remember that Ibiki had said that this was the written portion of the Chunin exams.

"36! Get up. Your team is out." A ninja from the side said. The disgraced Genin and his team filed out. As the genjutsu on the clock inched closer and closer to 1:24, more and more ninja were being eliminated. Ibiki smiled.
His genjutsu was delivering results, it seemed.
"Alright. 1:24. Pencils down." He said as he deactivated his genjutsu, to reveal the clock had been only at 1:00 but the assistant had quickly taken it down. Then the door opened and Kankuro stepped in, being followed by a ninja as he returned from his toilet break.
"Nice toilet break, yes?" Ibiki asked him.
"No matter, the answers you've obtained will have no use here. It's time for the final question." He saw every remaining Genin sit up straighter.
"However, before I proceed, I must tell you. That when you sit this final question, and you get it wrong, you will not only be eliminated from the Chunin exams, but will remain a Genin forever. You will not be allowed into another Genin exam." There was a massive uproar.
"But you can't do that! I know someone who had been in multiple Chunin exams!" Kiba shouted.
"Tough luck brat. This year I make the rules. However, choose to quit not and you may be allowed the enter in the next Chunin exams for another time." One by one, a number of hands began to rise up and they were let out of the exam room. Finally, the only ones left where the ones willing to take the risk. Sakura continued to debate but she saw no hesitation from Sasuke, and surprisingly, none from Naruto. So she decided to stay put. Because she had absolute faith in her and her Sasuke to get the question right, which would mean that their team score wouldn't be 0 and Naruto surely wasn't dumb enough to leave it blank. Right?

"Alright then... you all pass." Ibiki said. Everyone stared at him in shock for a moment.
"Wait what's the tenth question?" Temari asked as she struggled to make sense of it all.
"There was none. I gave you all an ultimatum. It's basically the same as a high rank mission. Information is the most important thing for any shinobi to have. It's even more valuable sometimes than a persons life. If you choose not to partake, then you will lose advantages left and right. After all, this information, you have nothing to lose but everything to gain if you go after it." Ibiki said as he took off his bandana to show the deep scars on his head. And then right before he opened his mouth to talk, he ducked just as a person swung into the room like a monkey, throwing a banner out which read "CONGRATULATIONS!" and a woman with purple hair wearing a light brown trench coat eating a dango struck a pose.
"Wait what Ibiki? 72 people? That's 24 teams..." she question him.
"First of all, your early, and secondly, this bunch is much braver than the others." He replied.
"Alright... anyway! I'm your second proctor! Name's Anko Mitarashi and if you take my dango I will kill you. Anyway. Meet me at training ground 44 for your next exam!" She then jumped out the window, leaving the shocked Genin just staring at the banner. Ibiki gave a cough.
"You should get going." He said. The room cleared in a matter of seconds.

-----

"What's he like?" A sound Jonin instructor asked.
"He's unaware. He will be an easy target." The silver haired Leaf Genin replied.
"Good."

-----

"Right. This is training ground 44, or as I like to call it, the Forest of Death!" Anko said a tad bit too happily. The Genin all shivered.
"Once inside, you will all have to survive for at most 5 days. Within that time limit, you will have to fight other teams and acquire the counterpart scroll. You will be given in that tent over there, a scroll of heaven or earth. You must collect both and head to the centre located in the middle of the forest and hand in both scrolls to pass. All three members must be present, and you may not open these scrolls. Sign these forms and you are free to enter, and I am not held eligible for any deaths that may occur." Anko said as she handed out a whole bunch of forms.

The teams all lined up to hand in their forms and receive their gate number and scroll. Sasuke looked at Sakura and Naruto.
"I'll carry the scroll." Said Sasuke. Naruto shook his head.
"Let me." He said. Sasuke and Sakura glared at him.
"No way! You'll just lose it or get it stolen from you." Sakura screeched. Naruto sighed.
"Shut it Sakura. I've got a storage seal on my wrist. So no I won't lose it and it won't be stolen!" He whisper shouted at her. Sasuke grunted.
"Fine." They went inside the tent. Anko smiled as they handed in their forms.
"Gate number 17! And here's your scroll." She said holding out a covered box. Naruto reached in and grabbed one out. It was just a plain scroll which was tied with string with the character for earth on it.
"Head to your gate number and await the start signal from the Ninja in charge of the gate." Anko said as they walked out.
"Right. Let's do this." Sasuke said as he looked at Sakura then Naruto.
"Alright!" Sakura said.
"Let's go." Naruto said, looking at them both with a smile. For once, Sasuke and Sakura actually smiled back.
"H-hey you smiled!" Sakura stuttered out. Sasuke immediately changed back into his dark emo death prince attitude.
"Hn."