The Boy

Luke stands and guides us to the door. Charles, Adalene, and I hurriedly follow. I am anxious to meet this 'leader'. I really don't want to interact with a person who wants to kill me. Then again, I kissed Cameron. And she was supposed to kill me.

Nonetheless, I answered 'absolutely' to the president because I doubt him. Behind his tough, I-am-Lucio facade, he seems fragile. I want proof if I'm supposed to murder more people.

Jonah and Maxwell are nowhere to be found. Luke leads us farther down the hall, and then up a flight of stairs. It is just as plain as the hall preceding it. When we reach the next flight, it is as if we are in another universe. Everything is industrial steel. It is definitely the spot for holding cells.

Luke continues forward, until we reach a massive steel door at the end of the hall. He opens it, and it leads to another room, with what I'm assuming is a one-way mirror. We are on one side, looking at a boy who can't be much older than me. He shows no signs of seeing us, though he is looking right at us.

The boy has pale white skin, and nearly black hair. His green eyes flare with rage. His muscles bulge out of his ripped black t shirt. I can't help but feel like he looks like someone I know. He is strapped into a chair, evidently seething with rage.

"He's definitely dark," Adalene comments.
"Yes, I'm shocked he's alive," Luke says, "I tested his blood. It's 49% dark, 51% light. He really is an impressive creature."

The boy closes his eyes, and I see him transform before me. Razor sharp spikes cascade down his arms, and long claws spawn from his hands. Small fangs manifest from the corners of his mouth. When he opens his eyes, the trademark blood red has overtaken the green which was there before. He still wears the expression of pure rage.

"That's impressive," I squeak nervously. I do not want to fight this dude.
"I haven't seen someone so muscular since Maxwell took his shirt off playing football," Charles adds.

I begin to wonder if the two have history. I make a note to ask later.

"He really is something," Luke sighs.
"May I speak with him?" I ask.
"Certainly," Luke replies.

Luke presses a button on the wall, and the boy nearly jumps through the restraints. I assume the one way glass has become two way. The boy quickly shifts back into his human form.

"You may go in," Luke says.

I hesitate.

"Out of curiosity... can you hear anything out here I say in there?" I ask.
"No."
"Alright. Thank you."

I carefully approach the door on the left. The boy tracks me with his eyes, like a lion stalking his prey. I can't even lie, I feel threatened. I hope Maxwell and Jonah are close.

I unlock the door and step through. I carefully seal it with a click and turn to face the boy. His eyes tell me he wants to rip me to shreds.

"Hi," I begin.
"Are you Heaven's Dragon?" The boy asks.
"Yes. Yes, I am."
"My name is Augustus White. You murdered my sister."