22

INTERVIEW WITH SUPERMODEL NATALIE SOMERHALDER

I had the pleasure of sitting down with model, Natalie Somerhalder. It's been a while since we've talked with Somerhalder and a lot has happened since then. She walked in her third Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, went through a lot of hate, got in a serious relationship and then got our of one. We're here to talk to her about all of things that have happened in 2016 for Natalie Somerhalder.

Hey, Natalie it's great to see you again!

Hi! It's great to be back!

So let's start with the fashion show. How great is it that you finally received your VS wings after three years?

It was amazing! And a great honor. I was genuinely surprised when they told me I was getting my wings because I started out as just a girl from Covington, Louisiana and a lot of the other women are professionals and being added to that roster of amazing women in such an honor.

I would assume that the other models are just as excited for you?

Yes, they are. When I found out, they were congratulating me and we went out for drinks and we celebrated.

That's great! Now, onto some serious business, you just recently got out of a pretty serious relationship.

Um yes I did. I was with Daniel for about 6 months before we broke up.

How hard was it for you to come to that decision?

It was actually very hard. We were in love so it made it just as hard to let him go. But remembering what he did, made it a little bit easier. I was hurt and completely devastated but I knew I had to end things.

Speaking of love, how are you and Harry Styles?

Harry and I are great. He's the sweetest guy and he's funny and talented. When I thought I would never smile or laugh again, there he was to do just that. We've known each other for a very long time due to Niall and we never had romantic feelings for each other at first and then when we met up about 3 months ago, we just clicked and I am really happy.

How does you brother and other friends feel about it?

Ian loves Harry. They get along so well and at first everyone was worried about the age difference, but Harry is so mature for a 22 year old and most of the time, he acts older than I do. I was even worried about our ages at first but then Ian said that it's only a two year age difference, no big deal. *laughs.* But, Gigi loves him, Cara loves him, the whole TVD cast adores him. But I think there was a part of them that wanted me and Daniel to work things out but they understand that I'm happy and I really love him.

Aww! That's adorable! You have also been receiving praise from 1D fans about getting Harry and Zayn in one room together.

Oh yeah they have been asking so many questions. Gigi and I decided that we were gonna try to get them to reconcile and we thought Rome was a perfect way to do that. So, we arrived and the two acted like nothing ever changed and it honestly made both Gigi and I very happy.

Thank you so much for sitting down with us today! It was great seeing you!

Yeah, no problem! Thank you for having me!