Warrior | Ryeleap

dogeing

Ryeleap is a tall and bulky tortoiseshell tom. Muscular and large, he easily engulfs the average cat in a shadow. He has arched, pale green eyes and sharp ears that make him look cold and unfeeling. His fur is mostly black, but his chest, chin, paws, tail tip, and a few spots here and there (including spots on his face that almost look a bit like freckles) are ginger. His shoulders are broad and his legs muscled, which give off an aura of intimidation to outsiders. He is a striking resemblance of his father.

His appearance fits his distant and assertive personality quite well. Due to his past experiences as a kit, Ryeleap is very introverted. His voice is gruff and deep, but he seldom speaks. Ryeleap works hard and keeps his mouth shut, never complaining. He is bad at socializing and often comes off as harsh, but he means well. He no longer wants to hurt others and tries to be as polite as possible. Ryeleap is very analytical and has very frequent mood swings, but he internalizes his anger into brief flashes of annoyance.

Ryeleap was born as a loner Rusty. The oldest of his three other siblings (Clay/Mudheart, Cadmus, and Clover), Rusty was shoved into a parent-like life when his mother died giving birth to his only sister, Clover, and their father became harsh and borderline abusive to his kits, especially Rusty. Rusty learned to hunt and fight at a young age, having taken on the responsibility of caring for his brothers and sister (and sometimes father) and learned that his father would be angered if Rusty didn't supply for the family. Camden and Clover would do their best to help, but Clay — their father's favorite — never had to, as he didn't have to work to make his father happy. This life carried on for about eight moons, until Clay had reached his breaking point. He formulated a plan to escape to the nearby Clan of feral cats. Rusty, the leader of the group, said no and said that their father would hunt them down. Camden and Clover agreed. They didn't pay much mind the plan, assuming Clay would forget, until they woke up one morning and Clay was gone. It was then that their father became very angry, blaming his remaining kits for Clay's disappearance. He killed Clover first, and then Camden, and then tried to kill Rusty. It was then that Rusty learned to not rely on anyone. He and his father scuffled for a long while, until his father began to tire due to his weight and age and Rusty successfully killed him. Since then Rusty and joined the Clan that his brother fled to and taken on an a new name. Now Ryeleap, he lied to his brother and said that the rest of their family died in an accident on Thunderpath due to resentment Ryeleap has toward Mudheart for leaving them.

Ryeleap is 18 moons old. His brother is Mudheart.