C and K

As buses pull out of the parking lot, K reminisces. His eyes wander and find themselves stopping on certain members of DRB. K used to be a part of it, a part of that team, but as the days wore on, he felt like it wasn't a place for him. So he left, and friendships he had formed were broken, separated by a wall the steppers put up against outsiders. Then he sees him. C . Immediately flashbacks barrage his mind as he remembers the time they spent together. Long road trips to competition, basement parties and practices till late. As much as he wants to let go of the bond he had with C, he just can't. He starts walking to C, thinking about what he might say to him, but he promptly changes his mind, turns around, and begins to walk home.

C could make out K's physique anywhere. He saw K standing under a tree looking distraught. He misses K so much. He desperately tried to convince K to stay in DRB, knowing that if he leaves, they may never talk again, but K's mind was made up. Saddened by his absence, he felt DRB just wasn't the same anymore. He wanted to leave, but the ties he made with these guys outweighed his want for K as a friend, by just a little.
He saw K start making his way in his direction. His heart speeds up in anticipation. He then watches K frown, and turn away.

That's it. C thought. He ran ahead and caught up to K, "K, wait up!" He grabs ahold oh his shoulder adn spins him around.
"What, um..uh..hi," K stammers, unable to keep his breath at an even pace
"How are you doing K?"
"I'm great." He lied
"So I'm having a party in a week and I was wondering if you wanted to come?
" I don't think you would want me there."
"What do you mean?" C began to worry
"DRB member will be there right?"
"Yeah. Maybe a few."
"Wouldn't that make things awkward?"
"No. I don't believe so. You would be able to see old friend again."
"I don't think I want to go there. I'll see you later C." K began to walk away, but was abruptly stopped by C's hand
"Please come." C pleaded
"Look. Whatever this friendship is, can't happen. And you know this. We both knew this when I left DRB. I cut ties with you. All of you." K started walking away
"Wait!" C yelled, but K kept walking. Intensely looking for something to say, knowing he might lose him, C blurted out the first thing that came to him mind
"I'm quitting DRB!"