Starving

Cheshire could be found in the gardens where he was mulling over thoughts and trying to ignore the flowers joyful singing.
He was only looking out for Hatter telling him the truth so he wasn't badly hurt when it happened.
  "Why the upside down smile Cheshire?"
  "Yeah! You should be beaming the Jabberwocky is dead and the rightful Queen has returned!"
Cheshire Cat gave the flowers that spoke a blank expressionless stare.
  "But Alice will never be the same." Was all he said before leaving the garden before he was questioned any further. Cheshire Cat had been so indulged in his brooding that he forgot about eating which made him become more thin than his previously round figure.
The cat spent most of his time alone, sometimes spying on Hatters tea parties taking note that an empty tea cup on a saucer was at his seat every time and nobody sat there or moved the cup.
A part of Cheshire was touched that Terrance was thinking of him still, but another part was revolted by the sight. Hatter should just move on. Insisting that Cheshire and Alice will both return will just cause him more pain.
Even the white rabbit cand march hare seemed skeptical of Hatters choices.
The dormouse Mallymkun was nowhere to be seen...