Kaneki followed you, and you finally arrived in that ward you hated so much, where everyone had your appearance, looked like a punk. You were conscious of the fact that guys were checking you out, but you acted like you didn't care.

Ugh, why did I accept to come here in the first place. 

Finally you arrived at the masks shop and opened the door. 
Kaneki followed you. 

"Hello? Is someone fucking here or we came here for nothing?" you asked annoyed. The boy explored the dark room you were in, observing the masks hanged to the wall, finding them quite interesting.

He then spotted a white blanket over something.  Overwhelmed by curiosity he pulled it up... 

"Boo" Uta, the ghoul covered by tattoos and piercings, looked up at Kaneki, who yelped and fell backwards. You started laughing. Uta stood up from his place and helped poor Kaneki up. 

"Hi, I'm Uta, and you are...?" 

"Ka...Kaneki Ken"

Uta nodded and then turned to face you, a smile on his lips. 

"(f/n)... Long time no see. Do you want another tattoo or something?" 

You sighed dramatically and shook your head. 

"It wouldn't be bad, but today I'm here only 'cause Kaneki here needs a mask" you explained.

Uta nodded and placed Kaneki on a chair, starting to ask him questions.

You decided to explore his shop, observing the masks. 

Kaneki's POV 

I sat on the chair, while Uta was questioning me about my eyepatch. Honestly I felt very excluded and awkward at the moment, or like some retarded. I mean, (f/n) and Uta were about the same, they talked the same way, they acted the same way... I felt like an outcast. 

"I see...do you have a lover?" the question made me flush noticeably. Why couldn't I hold in my emotions? 

"N-no! Not yet... "

Uta hummed, seemingly unsatisfied at my response. 

"What do you think about (f/n)-chan?" 

My heart skipped a beat for some reason, maybe because I was intimidated by her, or maybe because I used to have a crush on her in my childhood... But I pushed those thoughts aside.  

"I...I think she's scary...but she wasn't like that, when I first met her..." I said truthfully, receiving another soft hum from the man in front of me. 

"I see. Honesty, I think you are the only one who has known that kind of (f/n). If you tell this to anyone right now, they wouldn't believe you, but I do, also because I know that she had a very hard time in her childhood, and that she became part of another group. Plus, she's well known by the CCG. I'm very proud of the mask I made for her, very appropriate for the name she's known as: Purple Phoenix" Uta spoke while he kept taking the measures of my head. 

Hard time? Another group? Purple Phoenix? 

I turned around a bit to look at (f/n), who was observing some masks. Her face looked bored, and thanks to the amount of make up she wore, you would never tell she was the same (f/n) as in her childhood; that was why he hadn't fully recognised her when she'd first showed up at the coffee shop. 

So that's why she changed that much?

I was lost in my thoughts when I noticed that (f/n) wasn't looking anymore at the masks, but she was standing in front of me, looking at her nails with knitted brows.  
She then lifted her head to look at Uta.