She looked up in surprise. 

"Are you asking me out on a date?" she asked him. 

Jason smiled nervously. "Yeah I am." he confirmed softly before continuing.

 "I understand if you don't want to, not only are we partners but you're going through a divorce. But I think if you let yourself you will have a good time." he stated to her. 

Jessica looked at him before answering.

 "OK." she agreed. "But just one date. If its too awkward we forget this ever happened." she warned.

 He nodded quickly. 

"Agreed." he stood back up and walked back to his desk. 

She smiled as she felt butterflies in her stomach she hadn't felt in a long time.

      Jessica looked as she seen Alyssa wave from the table she was sitting at.

 She smiled and rushed to engulf her best friend in a hug.

 "I'm so glad you're here." she whispered into her ear. 

She pulled back and took a seat. 

"I know I wish I could be around more but they always have us on different cases like I just came back from California." she excitedly stated. 

Jessica scoffed in mock jealousy. 

"Lucky I would love to go to California." she commented. 

They were silent before Alyssa spoke again.

 "So what's really going on? The last I had heard you were happy and married then the next you file for a divorce." she said very confused. 

Jessica rolled her eyes. "Yeah I thought I was happy, hell I thought he was happy but I guess I wasn't as right as I thought I was." she said to her friend.

 "I refuse to be one of those girls. I seen what it did to Liz. And the worst part was it was with my own sister." she felt tears threatening to appear.

 "I thought I was pregnant." she whispered to Alyssa making her eyes go wide in surprise. 

"I was coming home early with tests to see if I was." she stopped and scoffed.

 "I'm so glad I wasn't." she confessed with a hateful tone in her voice.

 Alyssa sighed going over all the new news that she had gotten.

 "I understand that you don't want to be cheated on hell I wouldn't want to be, but don't you think you should have given him a chance to explain." Alyssa asked trying to get Jessica to see reason.

"I don't want to hear anything he has to say ever." Jessica said before the waiter came over to take their orders.

" Jessica said before the waiter came over to take their orders