eleven

"brendon?" ryan said, looking over to the man that lay next to him. "are you gonna talk to dallon at all or..."

"i don't know what i'm going to do now, honestly. yes, i do have feelings for you, but there's also something there with him. i just need some time to think about all this feelings shit and then decide what the hell i should do about this situation i'm in."

"fine. just know that i know you'll end up making the right decision in the end." ryan spoke softly, smiling as brendon traced small shapes on ryan's bare chest.

"gee, i hope i do. right now, i'm not sure what the 'right' thing is anymore." brendon sighed, shaking his head. "whatever. i'll talk to him. get things all figured out and then i'll make sure that i'm happy with what i did."

"that is what i call a good idea. now, get your clothes on and talk to your boyfriend. jesus, that's a weird sentence." ryan chuckled quietly, as brendon got out of bed and into his jeans and t-shirt. "i'll see you at school."

---

"hey, guys!" ashley said, pulling out a chair from under the cafeteria table and sitting down next to melanie and dallon and across from tyler and josh.

"hi, ash. how's that english project coming along?" tyler asked friendlily, a huge smile on his face.

"well, not too badly. it's kind of difficult finding all the right information, but..." ashley began, but trailed off as she saw brendon approaching the table with his lunch tray, taking a seat next to dallon.

brendon whispered in his boyfriend's ear, "i need to talk to you after lunch."

to which, dallon nodded, locking eyes with brendon with a grin.

"hey, tyler, do you have any idea where troye and connor are?" melanie asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

he nodded, scrunching up his face. "sure do. and they were going into the janitor's closet. so we all know what that means."

"troye boy's getting laid and he'll be smelling lemony fresh when he comes out." josh said, to which everyone laughed hysterically.

"it's a bit ironic how they're in the closet whilst being gay as fuck, but when they're done being gay, they come out." ashley laughed, again resulting in an eruption of laughter from the group of friends.

jenna smiled as she sat next to tyler, just thinking about what could have been between the two of them if josh hadn't come around.

as she did that, brendon stared at ryan as he sat at a table with pete, jon, gerard, mikey, and frank. just the memory of the night before made him quiver at the thought of the aggressiveness and passion. but sitting right beside dallon as he remembered it was awfully awkward on his part. his feelings were all in a jumble and there was absolutely no way any of the choices he was going to have to make were easy. but, they were necessary if brendon was going to get any closure about his emotions.

everyone had finished eating, which signalled to dallon and brendon that they could get a chance to discuss whatever it was the shorter of the two had to say.

brendon reached up to place his hands on dallon's shoulders, locking their eyes in a hard gaze. "i like you a lot, dallon. i just need to make sure you know that."

"i like you so much, as well, brendon, but what's this about?" dallon asked, utterly confused.

brendon sighed, shaking his head. "i've recently been involved in the reigniting of an old flame, you could say."

"i know. you and ryan fucked." dallon said matter-of-factly.

brendon's jaw fell and he stammered for a few seconds before finally getting some words out. "how in the actual hell of all shit did you know that?"

"oh, please, you have it written all over you. you've been staring off into space, staring at ryan, and not to mention the hickeys on your neck and the scratches peeking through your shirt collar."

as soon as dallon spoke, dallon pulled his shirt over his neck to cover the bruises. "i'm sorry dallon. it was stupid and i-"

"don't be sorry. i've always seen your heart eyes towards ryan. sure, i have very strong feelings for you, but i can move on." dallon said softly, his calmness with the whole situation not wavering. he turned his back to walk away, but brendon grabbed his arm, causing his to pivot on his heel.

"i love you, dallon. keep that with you."

dallon simply nodded as we walked away, softly saying back to brendon over his shoulder, " i love you too." and those were the last words dallon and brendon shared while they were still a couple.

after that whole theatrical moment between brendon and dallon, brendon immediately made a dash for ryan's table where the popular crowd was and kissed ryan with all the passion he possiblt could muster. ryan kissed him back, as brendon sat himself on the light brown-haired boy's lap. by the time their lips had separated from each other's, the lot of them, and by that, gerard, mikey, frank, pete, and jon is meant, had erupted into a sarcastic applause.

"looks like ryan's got himself a boyfriend." mikey commented, smirking, then looking over to pete with longing in his eyes.

when josh saw brendon and ryan interacting in such a way, his stomach dropped, but he felt nothing. not anger, not sadness, not jealousy. he was just...neutral with the whole thing. maybe it was because he had someone new in his life that made him feel something. something more than happiness. someone he cared about. he took hold of tyler's soft hand, interlacing their fingers and smiling, not paying a second thought to brendon and ryan. maybe he could be happy. happy with tyler, with his new friends, with everything he now had. it was all different now, and he liked it that way.

---

hoooooly frick. the past two chapters have been exclusively ryden yikes. weLL now i'll have some more joshler in the coming chapters. vote and comment your opinions please and thank you!!

-cheezwhizjoshlers