Chapter 27 - Touring / 1975 / Part 02

Start from the beginning

On the nineteenth of April, in the morning, we rehearsed for our first performance, which would take place the following night. In the afternoon, after lunch, we recorded a participation on the television program Star Senichya, while we had to record personal messages to the cameras, during the recording of the messages Bri, Freddie, Deacy and I did clowns with each other. I was wearing black leather pants, a black shirt, a brown beret on my head, the silver bracelet I got from Bella, and a turquoise ring on my right hand. After recording the messages, we attended a traditional Japanese tea ceremony in a large Japanese garden. After tea we still had photo shoot. In the evening we returned to the hotel and rested.

On April 20th we rehearsed the whole day for our first show at Nippon Budokan Hall and sold the ticket to 14,200 seats. At night, during the show, Freddie was forced to stop the show to prevent over-excited fans from being crushed against the front of the stage, but during the show everything went well.

On the twenty-second of April, in the morning we met some tourist spots in Tokyo and took lots of pictures and bought a Japanese plush panda bear for Bella. I'm sure she'll love it. In the afternoon we were interviewed at the hotel by a journalist from a very famous Japanese music magazine. She asked Freddie, Deacy, Bri, and I questions about our childhood and adolescence. I did not say my father beat up my mother and me. I just said that their relationship did not work out. She asked about our college studies. Freddie reported that he is graduated in Design from Ealing College, Bri graduated in Physics from Imperial College, Deacy graduated in Electronic Engineering from Chelsea College.

"And you Roger, we know that you have a degree in biology, but before you studied dentistry," the journalist said.

"I got a scholarship in Dentistry at the School of Medicine at the University of London. I studied Dentistry for two years, but gradually my interest in the course was diminishing, I always breathed music, I had only started to study Dentistry, because it is a profession that earns a reasonable good, but it was never my dream. When I interrupted my studies, my mother was very upset, but I promised her I would take another course. Then I studied biology at London Polytechnic College. I'll just follow the profession of biologist, if nothing works out in the music, "he told the journalist.

- What's your dream? Asked the journalist to each of us.

"Wet," said Deacon.

I looked at my friend and did not understand his answer. He can only be crazy.

"Total understanding among all people," replied Bri.

"To remain the divine and luxuriant creature I am," Freddie grinned.

"To be rich, famous, happy, and popular," I replied, smiling.

"You're already happy, Rog," said Freddie, smiling.

- Are you dating Roger? Asked the journalist.

"I've been dating for almost a year, I confess," he said, smiling. "I've known him for four years. We were always friends. My girlfriend does me so well, she's amazing, beautiful, intelligent, a college student, fair, sweet, it's my same half. I love you my love. I miss.

"And can you tell who the lucky girl is?" Asked the smiling journalist.

"I can say I'm the lucky one, because I'll have you with me," he said, smiling. "And excuse me, but I will not give you more details. I want to leave my girlfriend anonymous, do not want to expose her to the press.

After the interview, we still took pictures for the musical magazine.

On the twenty-third of April, in the morning we traveled to Osaka in Japan and the same day and the next day we did shows in the city, day twenty-five we did a show in Yokohama and on April 26th in Hiroshima city . We returned to Tokyo on the twenty-seventh of April and when we got to the airport we went to the hotel and then a tour guide came and picked us up to get to know the city more. Some fans asked for autographs for us, while we knew the city and we attended to them all very well.