Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

Armaan watches Kavya, opening the door with one hand as her other hand is still held by Ruhi.

Armaan orders, facing Ruhi, "I want to talk with Kavya alone, so stay out."

Ruhi argue, "No, I will stay with Kavya, I am not leaving her alone with you."

Armaan glares at Ruhi for disobeying, but Kavya comes in between and assures, facing Ruhi, "It's ok, stay here."

Kavya shakes her head, when Ruhi tries to argue again and turns to face Armaan, gesturing him to enter.

They enter and Armaan closes the door, making Ruhi worried for Kavya. While Rihan tries to understand what is Armaan's thinking.

Games Room

Kavya stands at the corner, leaning on an old wooden table, while Armaan drags an old wooden chair to sit.

They remain silent, unsure of how to initiate the conversation. Kavya shifts her attention to the view outside the large window, though she is aware of his intense gaze on her and chooses to ignore.

Armaan demands, breaking the awkward silence in the air, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Kavya faces him and asks in response, "Tell you about what?"

Armaan states in a bitter tone, "Your job."

Kavya frowns, while asking, "Why should I tell you about my job?"

Armaan takes a deep breath to control his anger and not utter anything to Kavya, which might worsen the situation.

He states, once he is calm, "Kavya, I know you are angry because I didn't confessed the truth on time and-"

Armaan pinches the bridge of his nose and continues, "And I left you here alone, without informing about my business trip. I am sorry."

Kavya looks away in anger as she fails to catch any emotion in his short apology. It makes her realise, he neither regrets his actions, nor feels ashamed for ruining her life.

Armaan continues, "I know I shouldn't have done it. But Kavya, that doesn't mean, you can start hiding things from me."

Kavya faces him in amusement and Armaan specifies, "You should have informed about your job, on your own, instead of me finding out, in this way. I-"

Kavya interrupts, raising her hand, "Wait a minute."

Kavya straightens up and asks, "You expect me to come and tell you of my job on my own! Are you even serious?"

Armaan nods in confirmation and Kavya fails to stop the hilarious chuckle from escaping her lips.

He watches in confusion as what part of his conversation seemed funny to her.

Kavya composes herself and states, "But Armaan, did you tell me about your intentions to marry me on time? Did you share the information which was IMPORTANT for me to know?"

Armaan is taken aback by her questions, but before he can react, she continues, "You opened your mouth after getting your benefits. I am here, at least, not doing anything to take benefits. I am giving services and helping the needy people."

He nods in understanding and opens his mouth to speak again, only to be interrupted by Kavya, "And last what I remember, you said this marriage means nothing to you and you don't consider me as your wife."