Chapter 2- Slushie Boy

Authors note: I don't know why I'm putting so much effort into this. I know no person on earth will ever want to read this garbage. I'm only writing this because it's actually really fun.

It was a typical work day for me. Turns out working at the local 7/11 wasn't the most exciting job in the world but it did have its perks. Today had been rather boring though. I sighed, at least my shift was finally over.

Just as I finished getting ready to go home, he walked in.

His black trench coat flew behind him like a cape as he speed walked to where he was going. His dark hair was in his face slightly, like always. He noticed I was staring at him and gave me a grin. My face suddenly started to feel warm and my heart beat started to speed up.

I stepped out of the store and carefully watched him through the window. He was getting a slushie, of course. I continued to watch him as I waited for my ride home to pick me up.

As time passed, it started sprinkling out. I put my hood up and continued waiting. Soon, it started pouring out. I opened up the umbrella I had brought with me.

It was windy out and cold. The umbrella barely  helped so I angrily sighed and attempted to enter the store but instead I ran into someone who was exiting the store. I prepared to fall on the wet sidewalk but it never happened. I looked up to see who had caught me.

Jason Dean, the insane new kid at my high school, my crush. He would come to the 7/11 I worked at nearly everyday and he had been the one to give me the umbrella yesterday.

Soon, my heart is racing again. Fuck, I bet he can hear my loud heartbeat. Then I notice the red slushie on the ground and on both of our shirts.

"Oh fuck, I'm so sorry." I apologize, biting my lip soon after.

"No worries..." He says looking down at his ruined shirt.

"No really, I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." I could feel my face become warm. Fuck, why did I have to walk right into him like an idiot!

"I'll uhh, bye you a new slushie." I say suddenly.

He smiles and opens the door for me to the store.

* * *

He's cleaning up his shirt as I make him another slushie.

"Cherry right?" I ask, trying to make some sort of conversation with him.

"Yeah." He smiles.

I can't help but smile back. My heart was racing again but I tried to ignore it.

When I turned around to face him, he still had a red stain on his shirt. I look down to see mine. It's barely noticeable.

"Thanks for catching me back there..." I say as I pay for his slushie and we walk out of the door into the pouring rain. It felt even colder now than it did earlier. Who the fuck drinks Slushies when it's freezing out?

"No problem but you know, it's rude to stare at people." He says giving me a small grin.

My face soon turned to the same color as his cherry slushie. Fuck, he knew I had been looking at him through the window. He probably thought I was a freak or crazy.

"Why do you always come to 7/11 anyway?" I ask as we start walking down the sidewalk, we were both under the umbrella.

"It's my favorite place." He smiles.

"What really, why?" I ask.

The smile on his face grows at my question and he laughs slightly.

He sighs and takes a sip of his slushie.
"Because of these." He says afterwards.
"And because this cute guy I go to school with works there. He even bought me a slushie today."

I soon feel myself shacking... Did he mean it? Was he just messing with me? Instead of asking if he was kidding, I continue to blush and I laugh.

"That cute guy has a name believe it or not." I smile and then I finally introduce myself. He says my name a couple of times and smiles.

We soon approach my driveway and I stop walking. Jason stops too.

"Jason, I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow, right?"

"It's JD... And yeah." He says.

Suddenly I notice how close are faces are, he takes my hand and before I could move I feel his lips on my cheek.

I pull away soon after and he lets go of my hand.

"Really Jason- I mean... JD, I have to go." I say, walking up the driveway.

I feel embarrassed and I'm truly terrified that someone had just witnessed that but I don't say anything. he doesn't say anything either.

When I get to the front door, I turn around to see that he's gone.

* * *
A/N: JUST,,,, WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE. Anyway, hope you liked this train wreak... I'll probably write more since this was actually really fun to write.