Chapter Sixteen

I quickly pulled up Jack's number on my phone and called him even as I pulled out a light harness and began checking things on it.

"Hello? Mark?" Came the young wolfs voice, it sounded like he was a bit busy, but whatever he was doing could wait.

"Jack, I want you outside of the Packhouse in an hour, come prepared for action." I growled, leaving him no room to object or question my order before I hung up and reached out to Olaf. *Olaf Mikel just killed a patrol of wolves out by Purden Lake, if I don't end this more are going to die by his hand.*

*Mark, you take care of him, and make sure that you come back here in one piece, I would be terribly cross with you if you end up dead too.* Was the reply I got back as I went to the bedroom where I retrieved my sword from its place over the bed before I shrugged into a toughened leather jacked and a equally durable pair of somewhat tight jeans.

"Mark, you..." Anna said coming into the room as I tied the laces of my tan combat boots.

"Anna Mikel had made his move, he's killing his way west." I told her with a short growl before I closed my eyes, hoping I could get through to my mom, or my dad. *Mom.*

I sensed that my parents were relaxing for the moment, though I could also sense that their bond was now much stronger than before, *Yes, what is it Mark?* my mom responded rather grumpily.

*Mom, I've made Sergey babysit his sister tonight, but if anything happens I want you to take good care of both of them.* I told her, my mental voice right now snapping off orders instead of requests.

*I will obey, but what the hell is going on Mark?* She asked and I could sense her own strength of character, she and dad needed time, but eventually they would be valuable assets to the Pride. With mom's knowledge of medicine and dad's of field-craft they would do well here and I could tell that in the future I would be able to trust them with a lot of different jobs.

*Mom the one who made me is killing his way towards me, for the sake of the local Were groups I have to end this before he gets to the city, the results wouldn't be pretty, and trying to keep a lid on as many bodies as he would leave behind would be almost impossible.* I told her before I closed the sending to carry on getting ready to leave. *Sergey, you are responsible for your sister today, if you need help talk to grandma or grandpa.* I sent as Anna and I headed downstairs towards the small garage attached to the House where I had parked the truck.

*Yes dad, take care, and please come back.* Was his reply as I climbed into the truck, checking the leather holster that I had mounted in a cross-draw position on the left side of my belt. Inside of the holster was Viktor's Luger, loaded with silver rounds along with a spare magazine which was also topped off with silver.

"Let's get the lead out Anna, the longer we delay the more likely it is that Mikel will cause yet more casualties among the wolves east of the city." I growled as she did up her seatbelt, she was also armed, with a shashka and what looked like an old Mauser C96 in 7.63x25.

She gave me a brief nod as I started the truck and headed out of the garage after the door opened, I wasn't driving in a manner than many would consider prudent, or safe, but I was easily able to handle it since I had the reflexes and talents to handle it.

As we drove up to the front gate at West Caledonia I could see one of their guards was armed, though he was doing his best not to reveal what he was carrying, though I suspected it was one of the legal Tavor models.

"Sir you will have to stop. Nobody is getting into our territory now, we are in lock-down." He told me as soon as I wound down my window.

I growled at him and closed my eyes. *Alpha Gustaf this is Assistant Guardian Mark of Blackwater, I need to pick up my friend Jack.*