C H A P T E R I

Footsteps.

Footsteps could be heard in the small narrow hallway. As drips of water fell through the small vent, the footsteps seemed to stop all at once. Bright (e/c) looked up through the vent, only for the person to sigh. She longed for adventure. She longed to see what it looked like outside this terrible place some call home.

"Hey!"

You turn to find a woman who was a few inches taller than you. She had short black hair, and light freckles dusted her cheeks. She had bright brown eyes, and behind her was her twin brother. He had the same black hair and brown eyes, but he didn't have any freckles. "Oh, hey," you said. Sometimes, her energetic personality made you annoyed, but you got used to it.
The girl just grinned eagerly. The boy just leaned against the wall and scoffed. They both looked up through the vent.
You looked up too.

Moonlight seeped through the vent. It was quiet outside, but none of you mind. You sighed, and turned around. "Wait! (Y/n)! Where are you going!?" Samantha called out.
"Would you calm the fuck down? We're going "outside." Lets go," you said. Samantha grinned even wider. She longed to finally use her 3DMG. Scott just scoffed, and followed.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Flying through the Underground was easily your favorite thing about this job. You loved feeling the wind when you fly through, and you loved looking down and seeing everyone looking like little people. You spotted a small, stand that sold some bread and fruit.
"Spotted one, to your right," you said. The two siblings looked to their right, and nodded. They flew down, while you lingered on a bit. You then landed on a building, and looked down.
"Hey! Those are mine!" Said a gruff voice.

You turned to where your friends would be. You sighed and hopped down. You pulled your hood over your head and went to go help them.

"Leggo, you bastard!" Said Samantha, as she struggled against a strong man that was holding her to the floor. Scott had blood running down his shoulder, while the man standing in front of him held a gun. Everyone looked at us, some laughing, while some were just watching with curiosity. You landed in front of the crowd. "What did I tell you about being spotted?" You said. You started walking up to the man that held your friend, but the man took out his own gun.
"One step closer and you're dead! You hear me!?" He threatened.

You pulled your hood down, allowing your (h/l) (h/c) hair to show. You smirked.
"Oh no," Scott mumbled.

"Crystal," you said. The man raised a brow. "What-"

You launched your gear onto a building, and flew off. Silence. "She flew away-" a man started, but before he could finish, you pressed your hands against his small shop, and did a summersault in midair. You landed on the mans back as he fell. The other man with a gun shot at you, but you dodged his bullets.
You started running, and did another summersault, and hit him in the face with your feet. He fell to the ground, and you stared at your hands.

"Tch, you bastards got my hands dirty! Let's go, they wasted my time," you said. Samantha got up, and rubbed the dirt off of her cloak, and Scott walked up to you. You stared at his shoulder, processing what he wanted. "You think you can patch this up first?" He said. You nodded, and the three started to walk.

"We'll go by foot," you said. In the corner of your eye, you saw a bit of green. You ignored it, but continued to stare. Something about them seemed... intriguing. 

Later

As you patched up Scotts shoulder, Samantha was walking around, thinking. "You saw them too, didn't you?" You asked, not taking your eyes off of your work. "Yea. Who are they?" Samantha said. Her usual personality was gone, and it was filled with confusion.
You shrugged.

Honestly, you didn't know who they were. The green cloaks made you think they were the Military Police, but something inside you made you think twice. It couldn't be them.

So... who are they?