Chapter 11

|Not edited|

__________________________

Austin and I spent the day getting to know each other. It was really nice catching up with him.

And he is so genuine and sweet. I missed him.

When my dad and Parker's parents got home, my dad was really excited to see Austin.

It went like this:

"Austin! It's so nice to see you! Thank you for coming over." My dad exclaimed. He went and gave Austin this huge hug.

"It's no problem, Mr. Hastings. Eden and I have been catching up all day." He looked down at me and grinned, and I returned the favor.

My dad looked between us both a smiled. "I'll let you two alone." He walked into the kitchen to help unpack groceries.

"Hey, can we uh-go somewhere to talk?" Austin asks unsteadily. I nod and tell him to follow me. We walk up the stairs to my room. I let him in and we sit on my bed.

"So...there's this party tonight, on the beach. And I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go?"

I honestly didn't want to go. All of this drunk teenagers on the beach that I didn't know. And I'm socially awkward.

"Sure." The word came out like word vomit. Great, what did I get myself into. I think Austin saw the worry in my face because he took my hand in his and gave it a little squeeze.

"It will be okay. I'll be with you most of the time." He gave me a reassuring smile. I just nodded and said okay.

So I'm here now, getting ready for this stupid party.

I check my phone, 7:37. Austin said he'd pick me up at 8.

I look in the mirror and sigh. My long brown hair is now curled, and my face is lit up with top eyeliner, mascara, and some added lip gloss.

I decide I look decent. I go over to my bed where my outfit is laid out. I picked my favorite white shorts, and my grey tank with my over-sized Aztec printed turquoise sweater. It's a bit chilly tonight, and with the added wind, I decided the sweater would be a good touch.

I put on my cute sandals and place my phone in my pocket and exit my room.

As I walk down the hall Parker's door opens as I pass it, and it scares the shit out of me. I jumped against the wall and made that infamous squeak of mine.

"Woah, calm down squeaks. Geez." I examine Parker. He's wearing kakis, black vans, and a maroon shirt that shows his toned chest, and bulged arms.

He looked really good.

"Where are you going?" I ask him while standing up.

"I was about to ask you the same thing." He comments, his eyes trailing up and down my body.

"Well, I asked you first."

He rolls his eyes. "Why do you even care?"

"I-I, just nevermind. Geez. Sorry I even asked." I put my hands up in mock surrender, and start walking away.

"Whatever, squeaks," I hear Parker say. I walk downstairs into the kitchen where my dad sits and eats a plate of spaghetti.

I grab an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter and sit at the table with my dad, directly across from him.

He looks up at me. "You look great!" He exclaims with a huge smile.

"Thanks dad." I give him a small, forced smile.

"What's the matter?" He places his fork down and folds his hands the table.

I sigh. "I don't know. I mean, I don't know anyone. Austin will probably the majority of the people there. I just feel like I'll be left there alone."

"That won't happen. I'm sure he'll introduce you to plenty of girls." My dad said. I smiled at him, a forced smile.

"Thanks dad." I take a bite of my apple when the doorbell rings. "Well that's for me. See ya dad." I give him a quick hug and place the apple in the trash.

I go to the front door and open it. But it's not Austin. It's a girl with gorgeous red hair, and hazel eyes.

"Um, hi?" I say, uneasily.

"Hey! I'm Hannah, I'm here for Parker." She beams. I examine her. She has a right black dress on like she's going to a strip club. And she's wearing nude stilletos. Like girl, we are going to the beach. I hope you have fun when you end up with your face in the sand and all up in your mouth.

"Oh. So you're the girlfriend." I state.

She give me a 'duh look'. "Well obviously, that's why I'm here for Parker. Who are you anyway?" Hannah says a bit too snottily.

"Eden. Just moved here, live here with my dad, who lives here." I motion to the house.

"Ah, okay. Where's Parker?" God, this girls pushy.

"PARKER GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE LITTLE MISS BEAUTY IS WAITING FOR YOU!" I yell. I look back over to Hannah who isn't even paying attention. She's on her phone, texting away. I roll my eyes.

Heavy footsteps clomp down the stairs and Parker appears. Hannah looks up.

"Well finally! Hey there babe!" Hannah steps into my house and hugs Parker and pretty much starts sucking his face off right there.

"Okay you two, let's not get too frisky already." Parker shoots me a glare, I just smirk at him.

"Well, thanks...." Hannah trails off, she forgot my name already, great.

"Eden." I give her my best fake smile.

"Right! Well thanks! Are you coming to the beach party too?" She asks.

"Yep, see ya there." Hannah squeals in excitement. Well I should say "excitement." Parker just goes wide-eyed and looks at me. I shrug.

"Bye guys." I basically push them out of the house, and I close the door behind them. God, that girl can really put on the "little miss angel" act in front of Parker.

The doorbell rings again and I open the door to an attractive-looking Austin.

He's wearing dark-wash jeans with a navy blue shirt, and a grey beanie.

"You look cute." Austin smiles.

"Thanks, you too." I smile back.

"Well," he offers his hand to me. "You ready to go party your ass off?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." And we left the house, and we were off.

__________________________

Not as long as I wanted it to be. But it's late, sorry.

Party tomorrow! Whoop whoop!

If you need to contact me-

Instagram: @taaymartin

Ask.fm: AwkoTacoTeen

Or inbox me.

I hope you enjoyed!

-Taylor <3