-15-

Terry

Today was my eighteenth birthday and I was super excited because I was finally legal. Also because I was throwing a huge party tonight. I planned for this to be something everyone would be talking about until next week.

All week I've been planning the party and what I should wear.

"Happy birthday baby." My mom said walking into the kitchen with a cake in her hands.

I smiled and closed my textbook before sitting it on the side. She sat the cake on the island and kissed my cheek.

"Aww thanks ma." I said.

"Your welcome baby. I got something else for you." She pulled me to the foyer, where I found multiple shopping bags.

"I knew we planned to go shopping today but I took matters into my own hands. I got you all the stuff you may have wanted and more."

"Thanks." I said pulling her into a hug.

"Your welcome." She said hugging me me.

"I can't believe you got all of this for me." I looked at all of the bags on the floor. This stuff looked pretty expensive.

"Anything to make you happy." She smiled. "Now, can you be ready in an hour?"

"Sure. Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise. You'll find out soon." She said excitedly.

I was excited to hang out with my mom today. We barely spend time together because she's always working. I couldn't wait until she picked me up. Lord knows my mother and I don't spend enough time together.

On the other hand, Eric and I haven't been spending time together at all, obviously. He's been doing his own thing but I've been avoiding him anyways. It's been weeks since we've spoken really. Every once in a while we'd run into each other, but we wouldn't say much. I missed him.

Speaking of Eric, he happened to be coming through the door right now. He was home early because he'd usually come in at night. I looked at him and he looked at me, our eyes meeting momentarily. He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. I was surprised at first but eventually I hugged him back.

"Happy birthday." He said pulling away from me.

"Thanks." I smiled. "I thought you forgot."

"Of course I didn't forget babygirl." He said winking at me which caused me blush a bit.

"I got something for you."

"What is it?"

"Come with me." He said before covering my eyes.

"Is this really necessary?" I chuckled.

He began leading me, out of a door and I guess what was outside. He uncovered my eyes and opened the garage door. My mouth completely dropped when I saw the new car with a big, red bow on it.

"Wow. You brought me a car?" I asked.

"Yeah."

I walked over to my brand new red, Mercedes convertible. He handed me the keys and I pulled him into another hug and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks Eric. I love it." I said jumping into this arms.

He laughed and carried me to the back of the car, letting me down.

"Open the trunk." He said.

I unlocked the trunk and opened it up to find even more shopping bags and boxes. I felt so spoiled today.

I picked up the Dior box out of the trunk. I looked at him and smiled. I'd seen these cute pair of shoes in the mall a few weeks ago while we were out shopping. I wanted them but they were so expensive.

"Are these?" I asked with a grin on my face.

He nodded and I opened the bag to find a box with the pink pair of pumps I'd seen in the window downtown. They were beautiful.

"You're the best I swear."

He handed me a black box and motioned for me to open it. I opened the box, which held a pair of diamond earrings and a necklace to match.

"This is beautiful. Thanks E." I said.

"Your welcome beautiful." He said wrapping me in his arms.

"This means a lot to me. It really does." I smiled.

"I like seeing you happy. And I knew you'd been wanting a car for a while so I figured I'd get you something nice."

I shook my head, taking everything in. "I can't thank you enough."

"Happy birthday baby girl."

I closed the trunk and locked it back.

"How about we go for a spin?" I held the keys up.

He shrugged. "Okay. But drive slow."

"Oh don't be such a buzzkill."

We both hopped in and buckled up. I started the car and we were on our way.