-8-

Terry

Yesterday, I knew I was pretty hard on my mom and I may have came off a little disrespectful. So in order to make it up to her, I made her favorite for breakfast: French toast, bacon, and a cup of black coffee.

I put everything on the table and made my up the stairs to wake my mother up. I walked up towards the double doors and knocked gently, waiting for her to answer.

"Mom." I said.

There was no answer and I sighed, waiting for another minute. Maybe she was still upset at me, but I wasn't gonna allow us to be at odds. I wanted to make things right and that's what I was gonna do.

I turned the knobs and pushed through the doors. "Ma I know you're probably still upset but-(gco)"

"Terry!" My mother said surprised, quickly covering up her naked body with the sheet.

"Shit." I said covering my eyes and making my way out of their bedroom.

As quick as I walked in, I quickly walked back out and shut the door behind me. I damn near bust my ass as I made my way back down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and began pacing back and forth. I couldn't get the image of my mom and Eric out of my head for anything for the next five minutes. I was definitely scarred for life.

Pretty soon, I heard a door shut followed by footsteps coming down the staircase. My mother soon walked into the kitchen.

"Sorry you had to see that. We thought that the door was locked. I figured you we're still asleep." She said tying her robe.

"No it's my fault." I shrugged. "But yeah, remember to do that. I don't need to know what you two are doing."

"Or you could have knocked." She said.

I pursed my lips awkwardly. "Anyways, I made you breakfast." I put the plate in front of her along with a fresh cup of coffee.

"That's so sweet of you." She said squeezing my shoulder and sitting down at the table. "What do you want?" She sipped from her mug.

"I don't want anything. What I need to do is apologize for yesterday. I may have came off disrespectful when I wasn't trying to be. I'm sorry." I took a seat across from her. "It's just that I needed you and you weren't there."

She shook her head. "You don't have to be sorry. Everything you said was true, but don't do it again. Understand?"

I nodded. "Well I actually do want something."

"And what's that?" She asked looking at me.

"Could you and Eazy give me a ride to the mall? Kendall and I are gonna do some shopping today."

She nods. "Of course and it'll be my treat."

I smiled and we began eating breakfast together. Soon, Eric came downstairs and joined us. Breakfast was kinda awkward. Eric nor my mother spoke. I don't think we'd sat down together for a meal since we moved in. I guess it was kind of nice.

After we finished, I volunteered to wash the dishes, while my mother and Eric retreated back to their bedroom.

When I was done cleaning the kitchen, I headed back upstairs to get dressed for the day. I took a quick shower and decided to curl my hair. I put on a little makeup and then walked into my closet.

I pulled my Dr. Martens off of the shelf and sat them on the floor before searching for something to match.

I slipped on a black guess tee, a Jean jumper, and into my combat boots that I paired with a pair of white socks.