Episode 1

Transcribed as follows:

A. "Well, the only response to that question is this: Before I was crazy. Now I'm a genius."

B. "Does that bother you?"

A. "No. It's a very human response, this interpretation of life value. When you think outside the box but in what society considers a "non-productive" manner, then you are crazy."

"Our species needs to quantify things. The only difference between me then and now is several million dollars and an invitation to appear on your podcast."

B. "Well that's not all. What about the billionaire? Aren't you advising him?"

A. "Yeah. I am. He's a cool guy."

B. "And he's paying you. A lot."

A. "True. But everyone on his board gets paid, a lot."

B. "Do you think he is benefiting mankind? People think he's crazy for trying, for doing, what he does. How does a guy like that fit in this world where a guy like you goes unnoticed, until...?"

A. "Well, deservedly unnoticed, perhaps. But let's consider him versus you. I mean, he's a billionaire. He's started several companies. Spent a lot of his wealth voluntarily. Risked losing it all. Almost did. But how does he compare? How does his true contribution to the betterment of the world compare, if we want to consider this from a very lofty perspective, to you?"

B. "I don't compare at all. I'm just a comedian with a podcast."

A. "I disagree. Take away his wealth, and the wealth of others created by the companies he's started, and consider how many Earthlings that were not involved with the building of or invested in his projects can state emphatically that their lives are measurably better because of his companies and innovations?"

B. "Uh..."

A. "How many do you think?"

B. "I don't know. How could I quantify that?"

A. "You can't. And that's not to say he hasn't done things charitably to help the poor or whatever. But what bothers me, if anything, is how our fellow man puts a guy like him on a pedestal, deservedly in some respects, but ignores the contributions of others who may not have any wealth, or certainly far less than him, but whose activities have impacted more people, and therefore benefited the world more than has his inventions, so far."

B. "Like who?"

A. "Like you."

B. "Fuck off. Why me?"

A. "Think about it."

B. "I am. I'm just a jerk-off from Boston who got lucky several times and started a podcast..."

A. "Well, I am a big fan of false modesty too, but you know what I mean."

B. "Elaborate. Please."

A. "OK. Millions of people listen to or watch this podcast. Right?"

B. "Right."

A. "So. How many of your guests over the years have provided insight into ways to live a better, healthier, wealthier, more fulfilling existence?"

B. "I don't know. A few."

A. "Way more than a few. A lot. So a lot of guests on your podcast have provided meaningful advice and insight to millions of listeners which equals a fuck-load of people walking around Earth feeling about themselves and doing better in their lives. And they are in turn making the lives of people around them better just by being better, being a positive influence, even if they don't know it."

B. "I guess..."

A. "Guess nothing. Shelve the modesty for a second. I listened to your show for years before I became known. I took a lot...learned a lot...improved a lot...thanks to the information shared by the guests on this, your podcast."

B. "Cool."

A. "I mean, how many YouTube clips are there with segments of you from this show espousing a philosophy on life which I think is pretty damn good...and that many, many people find useful and inspiring?"

"I listened. I learned. I applied what I learned. And now I'm a guest."

B. "Well thanks man."

A. "So remember that. That billionaire I'm hanging out with? Awesome guy. Brilliant. Genius, even. But do I think me, him or you...if I had to rank which one of us has had a bigger, more lasting positive impact on our planet? I'm saying you. Followed by him. Then me. For now."

B. "Well that's awesome dude. Thanks. I am rarely speechless, but that is a great compliment."

A. "Well, don't hang your hat on it. Just keep doing."