Changing destinies

"Didi" "Didi" Mandavi and shrutkeerthi came running althrough the corridors ignoring the gasps from onlooking maids and servants. They weren't the Raghukul bahus running at that moment but were Sisters, sisters who were going to separated from their strength, their mentor and their anchor, from their Sita didi. Mandavi whose hairs were tangled, mangtikka misplaced and lehenga disordered, huffed and entered Sita's chambers, She was sitting alone there as Urmila had left her moments ago when she was summoned by Lakshman. Slowly but steadily both went inside wondering how times change, an hour back whole Ayodhya was rejoiceing Coronation of its Beloved Prince Ram, but now they had to witness their would-be King and Queen leaving the palace to suffer fourteen year long exile.
"Didi" Mandavi slowly whispered as the two settled at their elder sister's feet.

"What were you saying in the sabha? Are you really going to accompany Jijashree? Tell me all that you said infornt of all is false. Please say that you are staying her with us. Please" Mandavi asked clasping her hands together with that of Sita's. Sita who sat quiet all through, smiled slightly, "I know, that you love me and want me to stay here with you all and trust me, I too wish the same but then I am a wife too. I can't ignore my duties towards my husband, I have to go dear." Siya said Clasping their hands more tightly.
"Didi! Why are you doing this to us? Why are you leaving us alone in solitaire of this palace? Please don't go...I beg you...please don't leave your keerthi. I won't be able to live without you. Please!" Shrutkeerthi the youngest and most sensitive princess lamented keeping her head on Siya's lap holding her tight to never let go. "Keerthi! Dear I also want to stay with you but our destinies want something else and whatever we are, whatever we do, we can't change our destiny, so please don't make this difficult for you and me, let's take this as challenge, whatever our parents and teachers have taught us all through our childhood, whatever I have taught.you will be tested in these fourteen years of penace, And I know that my all three sisters would get passed in this challenge, so now stop crying and bid me goodbye with happy faces." Siya said cupping Keerthi face and wiping her tears gently.
"Okay di! I will try and do justice to teaching I have got, but promise me that you would back and pat your kirti to sleep like you use to do in Mithila" Kirti said making a puppy face. Siya laughed and said, "I don't think there would be a need for that for my kirti dear would grow up into a mature lady until then." Hearing this Mandavi silently got up and started weeping slowing, her back facing Sita. "What happened dear? Why is my Maan crying?". Sita asked placing a loving hand on her shoulder. She always called her 'Maan' meaning 'heart' affectionately,
"Di! Its easy to say, but its difficult to do. Fourteen years is a great deal. Anything can happen in these fourteen years. What will we do di, how will we live? And what happen after exile? Everthing would be changed, Everbody would be changed. Our lifes are so tangled di. Why so? Because of manipulations by a maid? But why only us? What sin we commited? " Mandavi said venting out all her frustration. "Maan! I know and I admit that these years of exile will be more difficult for you, than it is for me but please don't find yourself alone, I will always be there like rays of sun, guiding you. Don't ever get depressed, everbody is with you, and talking about changes, they are envitable, change is a universal truth, but then Love is a thing that never changes… its true and pure and never changes irrespective of time and place, our love too is like that. This love should never be your weakness but strength, be strong for you have to console Bharat too, I know this news will shatter him but like a dutiful wife stop him from commiting any mistake. And after me you are the eldest, therefore I bestow responsiblities of Matas and sisters and of Ayodhyawasis on you, after becoming a queen perform your duties well be just and fair in every decision you take. And make our parents and me proud." Sita said passing a gentle hand over her head in form of a blessing. "No di! Tell me anything to do, but not to take your place, I can never imagine myself as a queen replacing you, I will better chop my head off rather than wearing than crown that rightly belongs to you." Mandavi said as fresh tears rolled down her cheeks, while shrutkirti who was weeping and witnessing the scene hugged sita from back fiercely, thinking that it would be the last time she would get to hug her. Sita could only smile seeing their love for her. But soon her smile turned into a frown as she noticed something rather someone missing in the sisterly moment. She didn't need to think as she knew it was Mila who was missing, but were was she? She had less time now, and before leaving she needs to meet her beloved Choti. Pulling away gently from the embrace she straightened herself up, and said,"Mandavi, Kirti please go and check Pitashree's temperature. I will go and see where has Mila gone?" Siya said and slowing walked out towards Laksh and Mila's chamber.
As if on cue, a dishevelled Mila who seemed to be mentally and physically exhausted came walking towards her, a scar visible on her forehead, seeing her like that worried Siya. "Mila! What's this? How did you got hurt?" she asked tracing the wound which caused Urmila to whine in pain. "Di! Its nothing, I was trying to stop Swami from going to Kaikaya and harming Bharat bhaiya, in his anger he pushed me and I got hurt. But don't worry Its minor one. Will heal soon."
"Hmm…I know it will heal but what about your inner wounds Mila? Tell me what happened why are so broken?" Tell me did something happen between you and Lakshman?" Siya asked taking her gentle face between her hands. "Nothing di! Its just that the way he shouted and manhandled me…It made me numb I mean never in my worst fears I thought that these will happen. First Jijashree's exile and now Swami's blinded rage…What's going on? Everthing seemed perfect a moment ago and now everything's shattered…Why is this happening?" "Whatever is happening is happening for a good cause and about Lakshman don't get disheartened, whatever he did was because of his love for Raghunandan, we have seen the same in swayamvar too, then why are you numb? Don't worry I know my devar, whatever he did, was in fit of rage, but he loves you, and it is you who can control his anger after Raghunandan, now you will only have to regulate his  temper in absence of Raghunandan you…" Siya was cut in middle By Mila,
"No! You will have to regulate his temper in my absence." She said looking straight in her sister's eyes. "I have to control ?Your absence? What are you saying?" Siya asked confused.

"Yes! He is coming with you,he is accompanying you in your journey." Mila said firmly. "What? No he can't do this…he can't leave my sister…he won't do this…Did he himself informed you?" Sita asked Urmila, praying that this is false, she can't see her dear Mila getting separated from her love that to for fourteen long years. "There was no need for him to say, I knew that this will happen, I was mentally preparing myself for this moment, I know Swami who never leaves Jijashree's side would not leave here in this palace without him, so before he could ask, I permitted him." She said with downcast eyes shedding few silent tears. "What? Why? How will you live all these while. Why are you puttinv yourself through so much penance? No need Mila, tell me I'll tell Raghunandan to stop him, he will listen to him, tell me now itself." Siya said raising Urmila's head by her chin, worry for her lil sister clearly visible in her eyes. "No di! No need for that. I have taken decision and there's no going back. My destiny was fixed the day I married Sumitranandan and became Raghukul vadhu, I have promised him that I will never be a hinderance in his duties towards Jijashree and as a Raghukul daughter in law I need to keep my word, and even if he stays here, I know he will suffocate here without his Ram bhaiya and as a wife and a lover I can't see my love going through such immense pain, I can't be a sinner by separating two brothers, I have accepted this as my destiny. " She said assuring her sister by taking her hands into hers.
"Such a great sacrifice you are doing, Mila,which is hundred times more than mine. Sacrificing company of our beloved is a very difficult thing to do, I can't even think of the agony you are going through, but trust me after this fourteen years of penace you will be happy everything would be fine,Just be strong. " Sita said blessing her Choti.
"

Until you are with me everything's fine, physically or mentally. Please be with me. " Urmila said hugging Sita. "With you always." Sita let down a lone tear and hugged her back. The sisters parted when a attendant announced that their husbands seek their presence in their respective chambers. Wiping their tears and arranging their clothes the two headed towards their chambers.

Next Part : The separation
**************************
Pheww! The longest ever I had written.

Hey! How is it ?

Was I able to justice to the story?
Please tell me all these in comments section .

Critisim is accepted whole-heartedly.

Read📖Vote🌟Comment 📝 Support ❤

IF YOU WISH TO YOU MAY LEAVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS TOO IN THE COMMENTS SECTION OR CAN FEEL FREE TO PM ME TOO.

With love,
Sakshi 😘
Xoxo

Sumi-19
AnushkaaPandey
Dollysehgal
Phenomenal_W
HaripriyaBalaji

ManiSanguri
IshrinidhiTpv
SaimahaKalluru
VijayVasala
Anu_Writesion
KCool6419
sathu98
Shivam030291a

plus i forgot to tag