Chapter Three

7 Minutes In Heaven

Chapter Three

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mom, Daniel, and I walked to the entrance to my house. "Don't expect a castle," I said. And it was true. My house wasn't very big. It was only two floors, for me and my mom.

My dad left us when I was 6. I have a few memories of him. He was a really great dad, I have no idea what happened or why he left. I feel like my mother knows something and won't tell me but, I wont accuse.

So Daniel and I walked up stairs with my mom following. "Are you guys hungry," my mom asked, "I made lasagna!"

I always loved my mom's food. Especially her lasagna. I knew Daniel would surely love it too. "Yeah mom, we'll have some. Thanks."

I headed into my room with Daniel. "You can just place your book-bag on the floor here," I said pointing to the spot on my floor. Thank God I had cleaned my room yesterday, if I hadn't it would have been a mess and really embarrassing for Daniel to see.

"Your mom seems really nice," Daniel said, chuckling. Yeah, nice and extremely embarrassing. My mom was always really nice to my friends which was good, I always hated when I went over a friend's house and their mom wouldn't even talk to me. "Yeah, she is," I answered.

"So how do you like the school so far?"

"Well I've only been here
for a day," I said, we both laughed.

"I wish we would've had more classes together, other than science. I'm really good at it somehow but I hate that class," he said with a sigh. I suck at science so I guess it's a good thing hes my partner for this project.

"Yeah, I'm the same way with math. I hate it but I'm good at it."

There was a moment of silence. I didn't know what to say next. I kept glancing up at him waiting for him to say something.

"Dinner's ready!"

I have never been more relieved to hear my mother's voice.

Daniel and I walked out of my room and into the dining room, he sat in front of me. I hate having people watch me eat but I guess I'll have to deal with it this time.

My mom put the huge tray of lasagna on the table. "Smells delicious," Daniel said. My mom loves compliments, I could already see in her face that she likes Daniel already.

I cut out the first piece, it was a small piece. I didn't want him to think I eat so heavily even though I really wanted to take a way bigger piece.

"That's all?" he asked looking at my plate.

"I'm not that hungry," I lied. When he leaves I'll take more.

"Alright, whatever suits you," he said. He cut out basically half of the tray.

After we finished eating I tried cleaning up but my mom insisted I go spend time with Daniel. She really wanted me to make some friends. Which reminded me I completey forgot to call Michelle and Daisy.

"Your mom is a really good cook," he said with a smirk.

"I know, I love it."

He started heading to my room, "It's getting late, I'm going to get my stuff." He grabbed his backpack and phone and we headed out. He said a quick goodbye and thank you to my mom.

We went outside and walked to his car. "Thanks for having me over. I know we just met but I'm glad we're already friends," he said with a big smile. Alright then, that was confirmation. I officially make a new friend.

"So am I. That means you can have my moms lasagna whenever you want," he started laughing.

"Well bye, thanks again for having me over." He got into his car and I watched him speed away. I went back inside and my mom was right behind the door listening to mine and Daniels conversation.

"Mom! Why were you listening?"

"Why didn't you guys kiss?!" she shrieked. Is this woman crazy?

"Seriously? I've only known him for a couple of hours and you expected me to kiss him?"

"Honey, I'm kidding. But I am so happy you made a friend. And one with a good taste in food too."

"Speaking of food, I want more lasagna. I hope Daniel didn't finish it all."

I sat down on the couch and ate it there. "Mom, why on earth would you invite him into our house in the first place? That was so embarrassing."

"I wanted you to make friends, Kasey. Did you talk to anyone else today? Oh, how was your first day?"

She loves to bombard me with questions. "No I didn't talk to anyone else today. The kids there don't seem like the friendly type. But I liked most of my teachers. I really wish Daisy and Michelle were there, though."

"I know you do, honey. But it's not like you guys can't hang out outside of school. By the way, I forgot to tell you Michelle called my phone and left me a message saying for you to call her back."

I probably left my phone on silent from school. When I finished eating I washed my dish and went to my room. I called Michelle and Daisy on skype. After a couple of rings they answered.

"Hey Kasey, it's about time you called!"

*******************************

Okay guys I know it's been a while since I updated this book but I never thought abyone would actually read it. When i saw that people actually did I started writing immediately. So how'd you like the chapter? Leave a comment telling me how it was and if you liked it please vote :) thank youuuuu for reading I love you guys